Wu Wei EA

Hello all,

I mentioned my system in the free section and decided to try my hand at coding. I wasn't sure how to program the start, but one of the EA's called MasterMartingale here gave me an idea. So I started to program and what I have so far seems pretty interesting. Keep in mind, I haven't found a complete close and reverse strategy yet.

The idea behind this system is that the EA just goes with the flow. If the trend changes, the EA reverses position. If it is at a loss, it doubles position size. This is much safer than a trend chaser as all your positions are in a loss. This EA closes one position before it opens an opposite position.

When a position is in profit and the trend continues, the EA opens more positions. It just keeps going with the flow.

Some of the backtest show really nice profit, and a much higher degree of profit potential with better reversal positions. The draw down is unacceptable at present, but this lends some credit to my theory.

I am running this on EURUSD with default settings on H1 Timeframe. I have also seen large profits with higher potential on other pairs. I think if someone who knows what they are doing jumps on this, it could be a very profitable EA.

Thank you

Thanks for sharing your EA.

I will check it.

I used ATR for better position reversal and I have much better results.

CoeyCoey:

would you mind uploading this newer version for us to check out?

Please can you post the new WuWei version ?

Regards,

CoeyCoey:

not to be a bummer or anything but i just realized that (even though backtesting is not very accurate) your modeling quality is really not very good (n/a) i think to be worthy of consideration it should be at least 90%

thats just my personal opinion though.

I cannot forward test this EA because it would give the right lot size...in a standard account or a mini account at IBFX Australia...

It is calculating lot size in the EA probably with an incorrect multiplier...

Too bad it was an interesting EA to me.

ES

I set it according to the instructions and it doesn't trade. What could be wrong?

And does it support ECN 5-digit brokers? (I got an ECN account with FXOpen)

At Alpari UK I get the following errors:

"WuWeiEA Beta1.00 EURUSD H1: Alert: Open #-1 Intrade=1

WuWeiEA Beta1.00 EURUSD H1: Invalid lots amount for Order Send Function

I have tried to change the lots to 0.01 and it did not work

Thank you

Reason: