Strategy Tester question

Hi guys.

Does the MT4 Strategy tester take the spread into account when it trades?

I.e. if I show a trade that won $20.00 on an pair with a 2 pip spread, in real life would it have won $0.00?

Thanks.

Daniel

The spread is part of the 'symbol properties', so it seems so.

But I also have never got a absolute yes or no on this one.

At lower timeframes I think the 'interpolated data' is a bigger problem.

Today i tested my new EA in Strategy Tester with Alpari 1M Data. If you check "recalculate" and hit the button "symbol properties" you will see the slippage that was used for backtesting. The problem is that the shown slippage was different from my broker that i would use for real. I was logged on with a demo account of my broker an the spread that was show at "market watch" window was the right one. Does Strategy Tester gets the slippage for the accordingly pair from the history data? Is there a chance to edit the spread that i use for backtesting so that it matches the broker's one?

Please excuse the "bad" english.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave.

As far as I know, the spread is obtained from the brokers data feed and no, there is no way to edit it that I've ever been able to find.

Daniel

Dave188:
Today i tested my new EA in Strategy Tester with Alpari 1M Data. If you check "recalculate" and hit the button "symbol properties" you will see the slippage that was used for backtesting. The problem is that the shown slippage was different from my broker that i would use for real. I was logged on with a demo account of my broker an the spread that was show at "market watch" window was the right one. Does Strategy Tester gets the slippage for the accordingly pair from the history data? Is there a chance to edit the spread that i use for backtesting so that it matches the broker's one?

Please excuse the "bad" english.

Regards,

Dave

Changing the spread for backtesting

Hello,

is there any way to change spread in MT4 strategy tester?

Greetings

jan100:
Hello,

is there any way to change spread in MT4 strategy tester?

Greetings

I think the answer is on this thread.

sread changer someone tell me howto use this

sread changer someone tell me how to use this please

MT4 backtest on weekend could be wrong idea @ Forex Factory

Reason: