Ultra Smooth Momentum Indicator

Hello, is anybody familiar with the "Ultra Smooth Momentum" indicator from

Wave59? I was wondering if we can write an indicator like it. Basically it a

run-of-the-mill momentum indicator but smoothed out. That's it. Unfortunately,

I don't know how to write an indicator.

Thanks

criss73,

the "Ultra smooth momentum" is almost sure a variation of Jurks velocity indicator (you can find it in the "jurik thread": https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173010 - this post hold one of the complete collections https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173010/page5 ) Here is a comparison of velocity and momentum :

Files:
velocity.gif  23 kb

hey mladen, thanks for responding. Could you post that particular indicator you are displaying? I followed your links but could not find it or when I put the indicators in my folder nothing happens. It says "can not open the program file".

criss

This should do it. Copy the JJMASeries.mqh to include sub-folder and copy the JVEL1.mq4 to indicators sub-folder (with Kositsin's indicators you always have a lot of include files to copy to include sub-folder) It is not the one from the picture I posted but it is a good one too. The basic (gray line) in this one is a sort of "raw velocity" and the signal line is what you are looking for : it is the additionally smoothed velocity(or the "Ultra smooth momentum")
regards

mladen

criss73:
hey mladen, thanks for responding. Could you post that particular indicator you are displaying? I followed your links but could not find it or when I put the indicators in my folder nothing happens. It says "can not open the program file".
Files:
jvel1.mq4  7 kb
jjmaseries.mqh  44 kb
velocity_1.gif  24 kb

Problems

Mladen, thanks for your help but it is still not working. I put the JJMA in the INCLUDE subfolder and JVEL in the INDICATOR subfolder. I reopened MT4 and try to load JVEL onto a chart but nothing. And so I went into the INDICATOR subfolder and there's a JVEL1 text doc. I opened that and says:"2;76;C:\Program Files\GCI MT4\experts\indicators\JVEL1.mq4;56:1;'PriceSeries.mqh' - cannot open the program file".

What to do?

mladen:
criss This should do it. Copy the JJMASeries.mqh to include sub-folder and copy the JVEL1.mq4 to indicators sub-folder (with Kositsin's indicators you always have a lot of include files to copy to include sub-folder) It is not the one from the picture I posted but it is a good one too. The basic (gray line) in this one is a sort of "raw velocity" and the signal line is what you are looking for : it is the additionally smoothed velocity(or the "Ultra smooth momentum")
regards mladen

Btw, Mladen, your indicator is EXACTLY like the USM but now I need it to be able to work on my MT4.

mladen:
criss This should do it. Copy the JJMASeries.mqh to include sub-folder and copy the JVEL1.mq4 to indicators sub-folder (with Kositsin's indicators you always have a lot of include files to copy to include sub-folder) It is not the one from the picture I posted but it is a good one too. The basic (gray line) in this one is a sort of "raw velocity" and the signal line is what you are looking for : it is the additionally smoothed velocity(or the "Ultra smooth momentum")
regards mladen

criss,

The priceseries.mqh (copy it to the include sub-folder)

Btw: didn't I tell you that it is it (it seems that renaming is not metatraders invention after all)

regards

mladen

Files:

Unfortunately, I have put the Priceseries and still not working.

mladen:
criss,

The priceseries.mqh (copy it to the include sub-folder)

Btw: didn't I tell you that it is it (it seems that renaming is not metatraders invention after all)

regards

mladen

criss,

Open the indicator in metaeditor (right click on it in the list of indicators and then chose modify) and press F7 (or press the compile button)

It must work, tried it right now

Here is the compiled version produced that way, but as I said, it should compile on your PC too

regards

mladen

Files:
jvel1.ex4  40 kb

Finally, thank you! It works! I had a feeling I needed that exfile.

mladen:
criss,

Open the indicator in metaeditor (right click on it in the list of indicators and then chose modify) and press F7 (or press the compile button)

It must work, tried it right now

Here is the compiled version produced that way, but as I said, it should compile on your PC too

regards

mladen

Mladen,

I do not finding this posted indy working, is it corrupted?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180168

Got interested in combination of momentum & velocity.

Thx,

Jerry

Reason: