Kaufman AMA break out EA - page 3

Adeo

It is applying trailing stops according to ema values,

Maybe change ema values or EMA.barToUse if you want to use "older" ema value for that purpose or EMA.period if you want to use some different ema for trailing stops, or set the UseEMATrailingStop to false if you want to turn it off completely. But if used, ema trailing stop will depend on ema values chosen. It will not be changed to lower values (that is the principle of trailing stops - no stops widening is done in trailing stop) and if a price retrace hits the stop loss that is it.

Also, the minimal stop loss is a rule that a broker is imposing and hence the stop loss can not be placed "in favor of us" in some cases simply because of that : brokers do not allow it. The MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) is the minimal distance from the current bid or ask for a stop loss and even if the ema moves over it, stop loss can not be modified since the broker will not allow it. So the stop loss is actually modified in a kind of a "channel" ruled by the broker

regards

Mladen

adeo:
Thanks for that explanation, Mladen.

However, looking at the picture....

Would this trail stop be used with an entry as early as this one or with an entry that would be later - as in after the price had rolled over.

If the later, I can see the ema filter's purpose - the ema is above the price action and would stop the trade if (when) price rises to meet the ema.

In the picture shown, the ema's use seems counter-intuitive

Kaufman AMA breakout EA. M5 timeframe.

Updated forward testing results (visual statements)

for AUDJPY:

dor EUIRCHF:

for EURGBP:

for GBPCHF:

for GBPJPY:

for USDCHF

Kaufman AMA breakout - EA.mq4

Mladen i have this errors, what i have to do ???

it is ...for "libraries".

Thanks

Files:
kaufmanea.jpg  196 kb

bebeshel

It is not for libraries but you are missing an include file from expert/include sub-folder ("stderror.mqh" - it is standard part of metatrader, it seems that you somehow deleted it) Copy the one from the attachment to include sub-folder and it will be OK

regards

Mladen

bebeshel:
Mladen i have this errors, what i have to do ???

it is ...for "libraries".

Thanks
Files:
stderror.mqh  6 kb

thanks

thanks, now it"sworks bat, do you new "good parameters"... to works better

for AUDJPY:

for EURCHF:

for EURGBP:

for EURUSD:

for GBPCHF:

for GBPJPY:

for USDCHF:

for AUDJPY:

for EURCHF:

for EURGBP:

for EURUSD:

for GBPCHF:

for GBPJPY:

for USDCHF:

Reason: