Dynamic EAs - page 4

This issue was solved in BrainTrading indicators and semi-automatic system posted in elite section: we can select 'use spread' as true or false.

Many programmers are coding 2 versions of the EA:

for trading/forward testing and for backtesting.

But and in this case - backtesting is something which we can consider as the last "hope" for proving the EA's performance.

Just my opinion sorry.

I remember my joke which I made in traders joking thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174805 - I changed something inside the code of qq EA (it is EA from elite section based on momentum indicator coded inside) and backtested it and posted the results in this thread - EA did few billions from initial 1,000 for 90% backtesting ...

In forward testing for same period - losing.

Thanks ND

Thank you.

I can understand about back testing much better now.

I didn't know about trade joking thread.

very very funny.

I book marked it.

Just about the second EA posted on this thread:

3c_DynaStochFibpivots EA

from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180134/page2

- 3c_DynaStochFibpivots file is EA. Place it is experts sub-folder of Metatrader folder.

- HiLow channel Jurik smooth and dynamic zone stochastic are indicators. Those indicators should be placed in indicators sub-folder of Metatrader folder.

- We will need dynamicZone.dll file from this post (place it to experts/libraries sub-folder of Metatrader folder). Make sure that you downloaded the latest dll file from this post.

Same information is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

-----------

I am just trying to instal this EA for forward testing.

FiboPivots Trend settings #1

I started to forward test this settings:

EURUSD and GBPUSD, M5 timeframe. The settings is same as default one but only different is the following:

Besides, magic number is different for different pair.

It is just 4 trades only:

EURUSD made 12pips or 1 trade and GBPUSD made 18 pips with 3 trade.

Initial stop loss value is not small so that is why it is just first preliminary settings with lot size = 0.01.

Statements by pairs are attached.

magic number issues

Just want to comment on those of you using these Ea's all of them were coded from same template and was noticing that the different Ea's may have same magic number, including any Mandarine Ea, I just caught this today

so if you are using say Mandarine Ea and 3c_DynaStocFibpivots Ea's on same platform like i was make sure and use different magic numbers for the 2 Ea's, you don't need different magic number for every pair just need to make sure especially if using 2 different Ea's on same pair that the magic numbers are different, what happened to me was Mandarine opened a trade and 3c_DynaStocFibpivots closed it since both had the same magic number and have trailing stop set real tight for 3c_DynaStocFibpivots. Anyway sorry for any confusion caused and will try to remember to make new magic number for every new Ea posted!

new better version (well i think so)

Found a bug when using on ECN type brokers the orders were going in but weren't modifying back to original stoploss and takeprofit. Also wasn't happy with some of the entries, now more like its supposed to be, looked good on visual back testing but real just wasn't right, in fact some of the entries looked guess you could call it the r- word "random". Added another switch which uses Jurik Smooth channel and Fractal dimension with the third candle and dynoStoch, another switch with fib pivots with third candle and DynoStoch , and if both switches are false will trade third candle with DynoStoch alone.

This Ea is better with its error handling and trade management to me. By default (can't remember if i mentioned all ready) have trailing and lock profit set tight because the method called for only going for 10 pips, also recommended timeframes are M15 or M5, if using larger timeframes probably be better to make trailing and lockprofit larger to give the trade some room. This time i changed the magic number so that shouldn't be a problem.

On the picture far right hand side can barely see the blue entry arrow more better to me!!!!

Thanks for the update. A question, which variables set the trailing and profit targets?

I believe it should be range.stoploss and range.takeprofit. Are these variables in pips? I don't understand the default settings because they look widely different from pip values.

mrtools:
Found a bug when using on ECN type brokers the orders were going in but weren't modifying back to original stoploss and takeprofit. Also wasn't happy with some of the entries, now more like its supposed to be, looked good on visual back testing but real just wasn't right, in fact some of the entries looked guess you could call it the r- word "random". Added another switch which uses Jurik Smooth channel and Fractal dimension with the third candle and dynoStoch, another switch with fib pivots with third candle and DynoStoch , and if both switches are false will trade third candle with DynoStoch alone.

This Ea is better with its error handling and trade management to me. By default (can't remember if i mentioned all ready) have trailing and lock profit set tight because the method called for only going for 10 pips, also recommended timeframes are M15 or M5, if using larger timeframes probably be better to make trailing and lockprofit larger to give the trade some room. This time i changed the magic number so that shouldn't be a problem.

On the picture far right hand side can barely see the blue entry arrow more better to me!!!!
Files:
scrnshot.jpg  32 kb

If I remember - it means that

stop loss = range * range.stoploss

nazmul:
Thanks for the update. A question, which variables set the trailing and profit targets?

I believe it should be range.stoploss and range.takeprofit. Are these variables in pips? I don't understand the default settings because they look widely different from pip values.

Yes its the range.stoploss, range.trailing stop, range.lockprofit, and range.takeprofit, are all decided by a percent of the timeframe range chosen in pips, by default it is set to daily range. The default settings for range.trailstop,and range.lockprofit (.04) so say if your daily range is 300 it would be 300 x .04 would be a 12 pip trailing stop and profit locked at 12 pips.

Reason: