My New Day Trading System-rate and test - page 10

Big Joe:
You know what we say in my country ( oh ok in my house, doh in my trading room ) : 10 pips a day is a beautiful day !

Forget the 100 pips moves, if you are happy with your current settings, and if it cover your losses and make a small gain : THAT'S THE WAY.

Cheers

Thanks Joe, I tend to agree. Though 100 pip days never hurt . I can't wait to see what next week brings

Pairs Pulse Indicator

Cy, didn.t get the full move. Remember it's Oz time here. Way too late.

Got in on the Williams_Trade Indi signal 1.0068 2 lots. TP1 at 1.0083 when Williams ROC blue line got crossed by the sig line. Shifted ST on second lot just under and went out at 1.0120. Second cross of the blue line. Fast asleep by the time it got to 1.0175. Could have put a trailer on it but I never leave a box unattended on a friday night. Mate I live with 10 and 20 pips as a rule. Short sweet takes, it's all about consistency. Rinse n repeat as you said.

As for the Indi.

Thought I might share this Indi that I wrote yonks ago and find useful.

I dragged it out of the box because in looking for trades with Cy's system

I found myself looking at pairs that I have not traded in a while and wouldn't

want to be asleep at the helm. :-) Sorry cy couldn't resist.

To get an overall picture of the pulse of the pair I use the following Indi.

Brooky_Candle_Pulse. (ONLY PLACE ON H1 CHART)

What it does is look back in time at some very specific Hour candles.

Numbers 1,24,48,72,96,120,144,168,192 and 216.

It calculates the differential between Highs Lows opens and closes on these

candles and presents a histogram of the past with the weighted change leaning

towards the present. It also shows whether there was a higher percentage of longs

or shorts within that period and shows an arrow a day ago at the point you are

today so you can see what is coming up. Predictive to a degree. Chart below.

So how is this useful for Cy's system?

This is how I use it.

Best explained with the USDCAD trade I did last night. I never normally trade this pair but Cy's system and the news showed it up as being a contender. Pic below has the USDCAD pulse or better still you can pop it on a 1hr chart yourself.

Thought 1- Obviously wider spreads in London Ny .Yawn what hasn't.

Thought 2- Bit of movement in Asian sessions. Note for self as I trade Asian.

Thought 3- This is the clincher. The yellow reversal line ie: shorts to longs had been significantly seesawing over the last few days around the time that the news was going to come out. To me that meant that traders were willing to push some boundaries on this pair. That is not always the case as some pairs seem to go into sleep mode for a week. They are actually the ones to watch. Notice the change in gold activity lately. You can see the drop off in Asian. Little signs like this help in a broader sense.

So in conclusion from a pair I have no experience with I worked out that

a) There was probably enough spread around the time of day I wanted.

b) Traders had been interested in this pair.

c) Traders had been willing to reverse directions significantly or to put the

pedal to the metal on a trend. Either of which is needed I think to make Cy's

system work as it needs a sharp push over the trip lines.

d) I felt timing was on my side and then dug a little deeper as per all the normal indicators blah blah to get a good entry and confirm this overall picture that was being painted.

At least in my head. :-)

Notes on the Indi.

1- H1 Chart only.

2- Arrow in window shows the bar you are on yesterday.

3- Read the bar to the right of the arrow. This is what is predicted to happen as per the past.

4- Look whether the yellow line is high or low on the bar and whether it will go opposite within

another 2 bars an appreciable amount. Back to zero means traders generally consolidate around that hour.

Like anything. The market does what it wants at the wierdest times, but this might help

particularly newbies understand that you do not need to be in front of the screen 24/5. There are particular times which are different for each pair when there is a higher chance of movement.

We are never sure what way it will go but there is nothing more frustrating than watching a screen for 2 hours watching something go nowhere, get up to go to the can and find you missed it all.

Cheers.

PS: To any coders out there. The indi works fine which is why I am leaving it as it is. It could do with some arrays etc to crunch it down. If anyone has the time ??? would appreciate.

Wow, Brookey this indicator looks boss. I can't claim to fully understand it just yet but im working my mind around it. So the yellow line to the right of the yellow symbol is a general prediction of future price action? And the histogram shows the price cycling up and down? I can't wait to use it . Thanks a lot man.

I'm glad you got some pips in that at least .

I'm thinking of opening a new thread to test trade your ROC indicator next week. That ok with you?

I'm thinking of scalping with a very tight stop, using Money Map as a filter.

Regardless I can't wait for next week to get here so we can keep refining the William's 2000 system.

Thanks again for Pulse.

BTW, for anyone interested in the money map concept:

There's this guy who tries to sell it for like $5000. Don't buy the software because what I've already posted in this thread (fx guage and 4periodMA) do essentially the same thing. However, on the site they have a lot of archived webinars where they show how they use it. You might find it instructional. You can find them here.

I don't know who this guy is kidding, trying to charge $5000 for this thing. All it does is show certain MAs and fibo levels in an easy to read format. The concept itself is useful though. Just use the free versions.

Cyclesurfer:
Wow, Brookey this indicator looks boss. I can't claim to fully understand it just yet but im working my mind around it. So the yellow line to the right of the yellow symbol is a general prediction of future price action? And the histogram shows the price cycling up and down? I can't wait to use it . Thanks a lot man.

I'm glad you got some pips in that at least .

I'm thinking of opening a new thread to test trade your ROC indicator next week. That ok with you?

I'm thinking of scalping with a very tight stop, using Money Map as a filter.

Regardless I can't wait for next week to get here so we can keep refining the William's 2000 system.

Thanks again for Pulse.

Cy. ROC Thread. Thats cool just let me know where n when. I have been refining some altered versions but am not ready to post as yet. Chart below to whet your appetite. The one on the bottom is very promising because I am mixing dynamic ratios of BWMFI with the WPR and a touch of magic and apply to price so we can see where the market wants it to go. Basically the red is predictive price. When all is purple the move is in balance and will continue on it's merry way. These are not simple ma's.

The indi in the middle is similar but with a warning line that the move is overextending. Both are based on the ROC engine but I need to spend a little more time with them. Like all these indis they are still reactionary but I can't wait to sneak the engine into my favourite neural setup. Not enough hours in the day. I need to slop in a quart of support resistance detection into the ROC and then I think we will have something beautiful.

The devil is in the detail with the ROC I have found especially at the crosses. That little green line and it's cross of the blue is vital to the next bar. Just haven't had a chance to get the magnifying glasses out yet.

So the yellow line to the right of the yellow symbol is a general prediction of future price action? And the histogram shows the price cycling up and down? I can't wait to use it

Histogram shows average spread of specific previous 1hr candles moving forward in time. That is -- you can see when the Asians are having lunch. Don't trade expecting big moves. If you like breakout trades, look for the shortest hist in any currency and plan to breakout from then. (Now theres another idea-anyone up for it).

Re the yellow line. If as an average in the past that hour has resulted in more shorts than longs, the yellow line will be at the bottom. Visa vie - mostly longs-line at top. While there is probably a sequential follow, no follow directional pattern, I am only interested if there is a major bottom to top shift coming, or top to bottom. It shows me that the market generally in that hour or 2 has the b---ls to change market direction. So if you like trends wait for the smoke to clear to see where they are taking it, or just be cautious of any positions you have open.

Best thing to do is like I did after I made it. Stop and stare at it and have it on a running chart. I am sure there is more to it than I use it for.

Cheers

Files:
roc_beta.gif  21 kb

brooky29:
Hi all.

Nice play on the Eur Cy.

I was getting tired of looking at different charts for trades so I knocked up a multi currency WPR. I put this on the chart and just squeeze it down if I am not interested but it will show you all the major pairs. I find it useful and you guys may as well. Just hover your mouse over the line to see the currency. Current chart and the rooster in the roost USDCHF are the two wider lines.

One interesting thing to observe is the correlation that suddenly becomes evident. If you have a look back at yesterdays Aud trade and check out the massive spread between UsdChf and AudUsd and others , you would have banked your house on it-- assuming that was no more than 2% :-)

Thanks for the TD Sequential indi Cy, quite amazing I must say. Found a lot of this sort of sequencing when using renko and Toms full system. Just a pity renko is such a pain to backtest on. At least seeing the chop keeps you on your toes. I use 7 in the settings, have you found this best?

I noticed you having a play with the Williams ROC. I am starting to like it myself quite a lot. Just need a little more time with it.

Any hoo, indi attached and back to some more screen time.

can someone make an MTF of this indy and also add oil futures to it?

cheers,

mike

mike78:
can someone make an MTF of this indy and also add oil futures to it?

cheers,

mike

Hi Mike.

The indi is MTF assuming you mean multi time frame. Just pop it onto any tf chart. Make sure you have the history needed. Default is for 2000 periods. Thats a lot of days so the bigger the tf, make the periods shorter.

Regarding futures. I guess that depends on what broker you use as to what contracts you follow.

The thick yellow line is always of the pair or item you are tracking, as an example I just pulled a random future from FX-Pro and popped it on an M5 chart. The Yellow Line is the future while the others are currency pairs.

Hope that helps. If I got your request all wrong just post again.

Cheers.

Files:
futures.gif  25 kb

brooky29:
Cy. ROC Thread. Thats cool just let me know where n when. I have been refining some altered versions but am not ready to post as yet. Chart below to whet your appetite. The one on the bottom is very promising because I am mixing dynamic ratios of BWMFI with the WPR and a touch of magic and apply to price so we can see where the market wants it to go. Basically the red is predictive price. When all is purple the move is in balance and will continue on it's merry way. These are not simple ma's.

The indi in the middle is similar but with a warning line that the move is overextending. Both are based on the ROC engine but I need to spend a little more time with them. Like all these indis they are still reactionary but I can't wait to sneak the engine into my favourite neural setup. Not enough hours in the day. I need to slop in a quart of support resistance detection into the ROC and then I think we will have something beautiful.

The devil is in the detail with the ROC I have found especially at the crosses. That little green line and it's cross of the blue is vital to the next bar. Just haven't had a chance to get the magnifying glasses out yet.

So the yellow line to the right of the yellow symbol is a general prediction of future price action? And the histogram shows the price cycling up and down? I can't wait to use it

Histogram shows average spread of specific previous 1hr candles moving forward in time. That is -- you can see when the Asians are having lunch. Don't trade expecting big moves. If you like breakout trades, look for the shortest hist in any currency and plan to breakout from then. (Now theres another idea-anyone up for it).

Re the yellow line. If as an average in the past that hour has resulted in more shorts than longs, the yellow line will be at the bottom. Visa vie - mostly longs-line at top. While there is probably a sequential follow, no follow directional pattern, I am only interested if there is a major bottom to top shift coming, or top to bottom. It shows me that the market generally in that hour or 2 has the b---ls to change market direction. So if you like trends wait for the smoke to clear to see where they are taking it, or just be cautious of any positions you have open.

Best thing to do is like I did after I made it. Stop and stare at it and have it on a running chart. I am sure there is more to it than I use it for.

Cheers

Awwww man, those indicators look great! We should test them all in relation to the system and come up with a filter. The bottom two especially are intriguing.

Thanks for the explanation of Pulse I think I get it now.

I'll start the ROC scalping thread tomorrow, I'll post the link here.

-----

I think maybe what Mike meant about the MTF William's was having the one hour overlay on the 1 min? IDK though.

The indies look deadly useful . I think we are going to be profitable here.

cycle

why 9 is so special

can you advice me on HOW to use it on 30 minutes-- I got other improved ZZ indicator on that template, so when it show it is a U-turn -- it would be 93% be correct --- so I wanna to use yours 9 up -- 9 down , to double confirm it, [e.g. if the next 3 bar went to 10, 11 , 12, should I adjust my SL -- to be bigger or smaller ]

xx3xxx:
cycle

why 9 is so special

can you advice me on HOW to use it on 30 minutes-- I got other improved ZZ indicator on that template, so when it show it is a U-turn -- it would be 93% be correct --- so I wanna to use yours 9 up -- 9 down , to double confirm it, [e.g. if the next 3 bar went to 10, 11 , 12, should I adjust my SL -- to be bigger or smaller ]

I don't know if I would say there's something 'special' about it. It's just that the market seems to have trouble sustaining a move in a single direction more than 9 bars. Whether that's 9 minutes, 9 hours or 9 days it doesn't seem to matter.

It's not reliable enough imo to trade off of but I find it useful for knowing when the price might reverse if I'm already in a trade.

Edit:

XX3, if you show me how you are implementing it into your system I'd be happy to work on it in a separate thread.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Reason: