My New Day Trading System-rate and test - page 5

tcp_ip:
take a look

Cool.

I don't know if it's a timing issue with Meta Trader or what but the entries seem to be off in every trade by an hour or two. Nice results though.

One word of caution:

If you doubled your demo account in only seven trades then you are trading with too much leverage.

Todays trades

woke up late, and market is dead so took these anyways, and im off on easter hols... what happened to your signals for this week??

mike

Files:
picture_408.png  28 kb

Hey Mike,

Nice trades.

SSSoorrryyy I've been extremely busy this week with website design, poker tournaments, etc. I'll make it up next week, I promise.

How did you get all those 0s on your trades?

I got stopped out few times, I was too greedy and did not take profit TG1... my SL losses are very tight as well, so if I am not in profit within 20 seconds there is always something wrong!

cheers

mike

mike78:

I got stopped out few times, I was too greedy and did not take profit TG1... my SL losses are very tight as well, so if I am not in profit within 20 seconds there is always something wrong!

cheers

mike

Yep that's pretty much right . If the momentum isn't there right off the bat then we know we were wrong about the order flow. Sometimes no matter where the price is it's just going to do something totally random.

Indicator and EA for Williams Trade

Hi all.

Firstly a big thanks for yet another strategy to consider. Forex TSD has helped me so much to the point that I can say without the help of so many here I would not be trading full time as I do these days.

The Williams idea intrigued me so I wrote an indicator and EA to help me check it out. Since I got the idea here I thought it only fair to share.

1- The Indicator.

The indi is great for manual trade or visual checking of settings. I have found some totally different settings that look very promising.

I have applied a moving average over the Williams curve as it can be very spiky. This can be set as low as 1 if you want a super early trade to whatever

you like. I have found it keeps you out of the sm stop takers and lets you get into the proper trade if indeed it is going your way. The trade in the indi is triggered by the ma crossing the line, not the close of the candle. Easy enough to change in the code if you want to.

You will notice that I use horizontal color lines that highlight your short and long points, while the current bar is a moving line. Much easier to see quickly

if you have a lot of screens open, at least for me. You can comment the whole line thing out if you want.

Following are the settings that you can change.

extern int wperiod=2000;//williams percent

extern int short_level=-60;//williams level to go short from

extern int long_level=-40;//williams level to go long from

extern int ma_period=21;//williams averaging curve

extern int valid_bars_back=30;//Bars to look back as needed to be below or above trigger point. Helps stop the line hugging go nowhere trades.

2- The EA

The ea does not use the averaging of the williams curve. I have found dealing with mas on arrays a pain in the -----e in Ea's. The settings are all the same except that the averaging period is missing.

The money side of the EA is based on the Scalpnet ea from here which I believe originated from the envelopes ea. I have modified it to be used with ecn brokers and it handles minis no problem. I use this money side for all my live trading and it is highly configurable and has never failed me yet.

So. I have started to back test with some great results on M1, and will start forward testing shortly. The set that is loaded within the ea was testing very well on Eur Usd. I think we may have to use a trade hour filter for absolute best results.

I hope this helps some others test this Williams idea and we can all share our findings.

ps. I am not a guru coder so if someone could tidy up as needed it would surely help us all. Cheers in advance.

The Indi, EA and Template are all in the rar file attached. Nothing special, just pop em into the usual spots.

Hey Brooky, great contribution .

Sorry for my absence the last couple of weeks guys. Today I'll start calling live trades. I'm also thinking of setting up a trading room. If I do I'll send the chat client, room name and password to those who have contributed to this thread via PM.

It's 4:50pm Eastern Time. Right now it looks like the most promising Currency Pair is USD/JPY. The price has been riding between -20 and -40 for quite a while. The only problem that I have with it is that 1 hour analysis shows that the price is in the upper ranges of the William's. That's not a counter indication per se but it doesn't help us.

Files:
usdjpy_1.gif  29 kb

I' ve entered the trade at 6:03 pm.

This is always one of the more dangerous times to trade. Volume is way down, which leads to congestion. Still, the chart looks good and I think we'll win the day. I'm probably looking for about 20 pips from this trade but I'll reevaluate if we get there.

Files:

At 10 pips. ...
Files:

Closed the trade at 20 pips. I would have liked to stay in longer but the lack of volume is a bit off putting. This isn't my favorite time of the day to trade.

Brooky that MA looks really nice, thanks.

Files:
Reason: