MT4- Level stop reversal EA - page 2

I guess my next question is, what are the best trending time frames?

EA version 1.3

OK, I changed the EA so it uses the indicator named LevelStop-Reverse2.0.

I also added a user settable flag to turn on/off the time filter if you want. It defaults to on.

I empirically determined that 1000-1800 GMT is best for EURUSD. In a way it makes sense since this is during the normal trading hours for London and New York.

JPY pairs would probably need to filter for Asian hours.

Thanks steve

Also anyway to have multiple lots open during trend? Or is that something left for manual trading.

veritech6:
Thanks steve Also anyway to have multiple lots open during trend? Or is that something left for manual trading.

Right now the EA only opens one position at a time. I still haven't settled on a scheme for adding yet.

Ok. EA is better than no EA. Thanks for all your time and effort. I wish i could code but its just not in the cards for me.

When you trade this manually, how much do you add?

I trade 1 lot when the price breaks out. As you can see in my previous post with the red circles when the reversal line moves down with the price. Just so you know I am using a standard account.

I also noticed that I did not get an arrow with the reversal at the end of the chart. Is this a bug? I then put the original indicator in the first post and the red arrow showed with no problem. I have the example. I did not close the trade resulting in a loss of 30 pips. Dont worry demo account

Files:
chart_2.gif  21 kb

Here is the chart with the original indicator. is this nothing?

Files:
chart_3.gif  21 kb

That's damned strange. I've never seen it before. I'll have a look at the code, but basically it's supposed to draw that arrow after the bar closes on the other side of the trailing stop line.

Reason: