MT4- Level stop reversal EA - page 4

Thanks your answer Stevegee

About second PC/EA locked : all was on...

Then I put all off in Options/Trade... shut down MT4.... reopened it... put it all on.... and it works now ! Subtility of computing science ?!?!?!

Always on M30

Going down to M5 with settings to 9/2.95,14 t get more action.

Two things to exit trade :

Slope direction at 80 : when change color = exit

And an MACD with normal settings : when red line cross green line...

MT4 was one of my favorite indi... and I was not testing any EA since... Phoenix and after SRSI....

Keep on

Thanks

Bert

One thing I won't be doing is adding any other indicators to this EA. It was only meant to implement the Level Stop-Reverse system and provide a starting point for others to work with.

This system really isn't all that good. It's a classic trend-following system so its success rate is quite low (< 50%) but it's profitable because its winners are larger than its losers. So if others would like to continue from this starting point, feel free!

Hopefully I'll be able to look at this again this weekend. The next version will pyramid into positions which is generally considered the best way to manage trend following systems. Again, this is all just a science experiment so don't be thinking it's trade-able with real money.

Okey Thanks.

It might need some sl, and a little tweak ;-) and thats it.

As Henry Ford once told me ;-) simple is better. !!

Not too many things to adjust , it all breaks down.

Right now we have

on M5 +64 pips

on M 30 +57 pips

Not bad..

Why other indicators ? for the exit stategy. As I noticed it is at 99 % the closeing of the trade the fatal point of EA

In my point of view (huuuuuuummmm!) better exit sooner than later or to leave the EA alone..

My 2c

bertbin:
Right now we have

on M5 +64 pips

on M 30 +57 pips

Not bad..

Why other indicators ? for the exit stategy. As I noticed it is at 99 % the closeing of the trade the fatal point of EA

In my point of view (huuuuuuummmm!) better exit sooner than later or to leave the EA alone..

My 2c

Interesting. What pairs and settings are you using for M5 and M30? I only got good backtest results on H1 with the default settings.

That's the problem in most case

We have a confortable +50 pips, Cur is retracing or new low expected ?

Then what shall we do ?

Need an indi to confirm

MACD (28/42/14) confirm to wait...

Now we are at + 80 pips in M5 and +74 pips in M30

MACD near to cross another time...

Sorry Stevegee : I didn't see your question

Both tests are on EU/USD

I want to try also GB/US which sometimes is a Rock'n Roll cur...

Reason: