Trade with me - page 7

Remember what's the idea behind my trades.

Really simple. ABC12.

Yes, you can think on Elliot. But is not

Files:

And now you're thinking why I didn't post trades with cable but examples?

Well, just because trade was not related with pattern but with risk management.

See. This is a demo trade. Account is USD 5000.

One trade almost doubled account equity.

I want to develop a trading plan for people with small capital. And maybe become a fund manager

joking all right

I just took 20 pips risk or USD 200 by settings a sell limit to avoid any game from broker. It's 4% capital risk.

If this trade have been a loser I had to lower my trading risk to 1% when recovering for losses and meanwhile going back up to USD 5000.

Then, I will be on position to risk again. But is trade is successful account can duplicate equity and everybody will be happy.

Linuxser:
And now you're thinking why I didn't post trades with cable but examples?

Well, just because trade was not related with pattern but with risk management.

See. This is a demo trade. Account is USD 5000.

One trade almost doubled account equity.

I want to develop a trading plan for people with small capital. And maybe become a fund manager

joking all right

I just took 20 pips risk or USD 200 by settings a sell limit to avoid any game from broker. It's 4% capital risk.

If this trade have been a loser I had to lower my trading risk to 1% when recovering for losses and meanwhile going back up to USD 5000.

Then, I will be on position to risk again. But is trade is successful account can duplicate equity and everybody will be happy.

Cable take profit hit at 1.4400 as predicted. Totally = 650 pips

Mmm. Traders looking for 20 pips a day needs to trade 32.5 times without loss to reach this goal.

This means 1:32 risk error.

Hope you are following me with what is real trading all about.

Btw. Remember I'm also shorting Aussie since was at 0.9042 with some "nervous" days in the middle.

Linuxser:
Aussie can be shorted below last LL or better 0.9000 level.

Stop is not easy, 0.9130

Target 250/300 pips.

Follow M240 stoch. Jump in following M60 MACD

This trade is "only" counting 320 pips profit. Targeting 0.8570 level for "just" 470 pips first and later 0.8460 level for another 100 pips.

Until tomorrow.

Files:

Let's recap May in the last day.

Total Trades: 2

Euro: 200+230=430

Aussie: 470 pips

Cable (on demo for testing purposes): 650 pips

We have a sell stops for

Euro at 1.2140 (see double bottom at same level on weeklies)

Kiwi at 0.6550

A prosprect for AT

As you can read on my posts, I'm not a believer of any EA.

Well, a username sent a PM about and ask to explain my position.

Maybe is my fault to create this mess becuase I just never made a clarification post.

I had not only one position during last years. I was with and without, pro and con, yes and no.

Several years ago, back to 2004. I was on a conference with Larry Williams. Larry was skeptical about automated trading and he had a lot reasons. He convinced me.

So, I started to hate any related with AT. Then, MT4 arrived to my life and was fascinated again.

Then, my fascination go away forever and never back.

But seems we (I) need to explain all this a bit (and to myself too), and start to avoid confusions about EAs, mql, Automated Trading, Hedge Funds, languages, data, etc etc.

So...

if you are trading 1H,4H and daily charts ,yes you are right because it is very hard for market makers to manipulate bigger time frames.By the way you are a very good cool headed trader.Lots of people are trying to trade 1M,5M charts..I like EA's, it is very hard to quantify the market, it is a big puzzle standing there to be solved at some degree, only the very few can successed.

I have read some '' quant debates'' ,they are talking about having 30+ strategies and splitting them in categories like trend, counter trend, and breakout then I think genetic programming picks up the fitted strategy.I dont understand what is the point of having 30 + startegy why not improve the indicators for these 3 categories and have fewer but more profitable startegies ?

Hi Biddick.

I will reply to you after post whole idea.

Continuation:

From now on When I'm talking about EA I'm talking mostly to Expert Advisors developed on MQL4. This is a completely different talk than Automated Trading.

Automated Trading is worldwide used and actively developed. However, mql4 is just a poor programming language that make calculation based on poorly OHLC data.

And OHLC is not enough without being combined with fundamentals.

Several traders like Tom Demark developed ideas for Automated Trading. Hedge Funds based decisions are heavily related with automated Trading.

There is no only one source of data for Automated Trading.

As any data you can get form markets and translate into some mathematical equation that a computer can understand, that data will be analyzed.

After saying this I would to explain my vision of Automated Trading.

Is not new, nor related with intraday trading, neither with news trading.

Automated Trading is the composition of, as much data you can put into a computer to analysis when the amount is so big that you can't digest.

You need to analyze that data first and act later. And because your human brain can take years to analyze all data incoming from markets, Is there when Automated Trading comes to rescue.

Automated Trading can trade alone or with human intervention. Or humans can trade with help of Automated Trading.

My brain is dumping every day, BSOD time after . An meanwhile our trader's life continues and data keep riding we make a lot of calculations. Everyday, every minute. BUT, the big amount of data comes to us preprocessed.

NFP is a figure, a value but behind that figure there is BIG BIG report few people have enough time to read. And maybe, that report is fulfilled of keys to make profitable trades. So, why to put a computer doing the hard work. And once data is preprocessed our mind will take final decisions, maybe. Or just maybe let the computer make the whole job.

Well, that; nice idea, right? but, as usual, we're late. somebody is winning the race. Somebody who have this ideas and today his fund is one the most powerful in earth.

Let me introduce (to our gallery of famous people who don't want to be famous) my last reading: James Harris Simmons

Who? well, just another mathematician with 10 billions in the pocket

Doing simple job. Run a company that focused on develop Automated Trading/Decision maker during last 30 years.

Renaissance Technologies hedge fund is one of few that escaped from this crisis. and overwhelm any other fund, including our close friend fund manager Warren Buffet.

More to come.

Keeping the gold

Linuxser:
Hi Biddick.

I will reply to you after post whole idea.

Continuation:

From now on When I'm talking about EA I'm talking mostly to Expert Advisors developed on MQL4. This is a completely different talk than Automated Trading.

Automated Trading is worldwide used and actively developed. However, mql4 is just a poor programming language that make calculation based on poorly OHLC data.

And OHLC is not enough without being combined with fundamentals.

Several traders like Tom Demark developed ideas for Automated Trading. Hedge Funds based decisions are heavily related with automated Trading.

There is no only one source of data for Automated Trading.

As any data you can get form markets and translate into some mathematical equation that a computer can understand, that data will be analyzed.

After saying this I would to explain my vision of Automated Trading.

Is not new, nor related with intraday trading, neither with news trading.

Automated Trading is the composition of, as much data you can put into a computer to analysis when the amount is so big that you can't digest.

You need to analyze that data first and act later. And because your human brain can take years to analyze all data incoming from markets, Is there when Automated Trading comes to rescue.

Automated Trading can trade alone or with human intervention. Or humans can trade with help of Automated Trading.

My brain is dumping every day, BSOD time after . An meanwhile our trader's life continues and data keep riding we make a lot of calculations. Everyday, every minute. BUT, the big amount of data comes to us preprocessed.

NFP is a figure, a value but behind that figure there is BIG BIG report few people have enough time to read. And maybe, that report is fulfilled of keys to make profitable trades. So, why to put a computer doing the hard work. And once data is preprocessed our mind will take final decisions, maybe. Or just maybe let the computer make the whole job.

Well, that; nice idea, right? but, as usual, we're late. somebody is winning the race. Somebody who have this ideas and today his fund is one the most powerful in earth.

Let me introduce (to our gallery of famous people who don't want to be famous) my last reading: James Harris Simmons

Who? well, just another mathematician with 10 billions in the pocket

Doing simple job. Run a company that focused on develop Automated Trading/Decision maker during last 30 years.

Renaissance Technologies hedge fund is one of few that escaped from this crisis. and overwhelm any other fund, including our close friend fund manager Warren Buffet.

More to come.

Linuxser,

I will intrude again,I find your thread fascinating enough to deserve my comments on a near exclusive basis

1-Automated trading can not work unless it adapts...so,it ends up being automated for the week,month,year....similarly to what a disciplined manual trader does every single trade ....Larry Williams was right,IMHO.

2-An experienced trader with more than 10k hours of Live trading behind,can do things no computer can model...basically he can adapt way better,faster and more efficiently.

3-The only advantage automated trading has is on traders with low discipline...but this is not a winning argument .

Read the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell...about the 10k hours rule,in every field...Mozart needed more than 10k hours of practice before his music was truly exceptional,the only one of the "outliers" studied by Mr Gladwell that did not need 10k hours of practice to become "exceptional=statistical outlier" was Robert James Fischer(Bobby Fischer),the american chess player...by memory,I remember he needed something like 8.5k hours "only"...and in that,he was an outlier too

S

SIMBA:
Linuxser,

I will intrude again,I find your thread fascinating enough to deserve my comments on a near exclusive basis

1-Automated trading can not work unless it adapts...so,it ends up being automated for the week,month,year....similarly to what a disciplined manual trader does every single trade ....Larry Williams was right,IMHO.

2-An experienced trader with more than 10k hours of Live trading behind,can do things no computer can model...basically he can adapt way better,faster and more efficiently.

3-The only advantage automated trading has is on traders with low discipline...but this is not a winning argument .

Read the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell...about the 10k hours rule,in every field...Mozart needed more than 10k hours of practice before his music was truly exceptional,the only one of the "outliers" studied by Mr Gladwell that did not need 10k hours of practice to become "exceptional=statistical outlier" was Robert James Fischer(Bobby Fischer),the american chess player...by memory,I remember he needed something like 8.5k hours "only"...and in that,he was an outlier too

S

I call this intrusion "feedback".

Well yes, Larry was right. Is he right today? is what I'm trying to discover.

Cos, latest developments on IA have made amazing improvements. However, it's worng to think this is like to move form Xp to Seven or from mql5 to mql5. That's just crap.

I'm talking about real computing, not your PC or mine, or some crappy mql4 EA. The good one computing that start with several millions investments, a team of scientists, mathematicians, physics and programmer.

The task just few can pay . Like IBM with Deep Blue.

Are they taken real advantages?

Do they have something we don't? beyond better information and data, of course.

Yes Simba, adaptation is key, or the key itself, on one way or another. The human brain can recognize thousand different situations, like on chess as example and get fast adaptation.

Since we born our life is adaptation, to weather, to social, to everything.

Computer just follows a set of orders.

As Morpehus said to Neo.

Morpheus: This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken. Understand? Then hit me, if you can. Good. Adaptation, improvisation. But your weakness is not your technique.Our mind can do that. Computers don't.

Btw. somebody took a a look to Renaissance link? interesting uh? only by...

biddick:
if you are trading 1H,4H and daily charts ,yes you are right because it is very hard for market makers to manipulate bigger time frames.By the way you are a very good cool headed trader.Lots of people are trying to trade 1M,5M charts..I like EA's, it is very hard to quantify the market, it is a big puzzle standing there to be solved at some degree, only the very few can successed. I have read some '' quant debates'' ,they are talking about having 30+ strategies and splitting them in categories like trend, counter trend, and breakout then I think genetic programming picks up the fitted strategy.I dont understand what is the point of having 30 + startegy why not improve the indicators for these 3 categories and have fewer but more profitable startegies ?

I think the problem is not to trade on M5 but to take or make a decision based on M5 only.

Information for M5, M1 or ticks is too tiny, too crappy, too noise and too delayed for online trading.

On pits, traders are taking decision on real time based on few to less information but with advantage of feeling the market. That's a huge advantage.

Simple. On your computer you just can't see the face of the other guy.

By following bigger time frames we can jump in on M5 because:

on weekly or dailies you choose the gun

on dailies or hourlies you load the gun,

on m240 or m60, you point the gun for accuracy

on m15 or m5 you pull the trigger.

If analysis is only based on M5, the bullet will just turn against you and hit your chest.

I remember on 2007 the bullet hit my ass. EURJPY falls hundred pips in minutes and decided to sell.

I had to wait 6 moths to close that trade and lose just a few dollars. But I just was lucky I able to do that. Other does not have such luck.

I could blame the N Korean for testing a missile and Reuters for misinformation on the news. Well, yes.

But the only problem was me by taking a decision based on poorly data.

Fortunately.

If you gets burn with milk, next time you see cow, I'm sure you will cry

Linuxser:
Let's recap May in the last day.

Total Trades: 2

Euro: 200+230=430

Aussie: 470 pips

Cable (on demo for testing purposes): 650 pips

We have a sell stops for

Euro at 1.2140 (see double bottom at same level on weeklies)

Kiwi at 0.6550

short Euro only +200 pips by the moment?

Reason: