Value investing ?

Hello

Question

Do you think value investing could be applied to currency trading.

Benjamin Graham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers

Beno

In other words how can you tell if a pair is oversold or overbought with out the use of indicators or trend lines.

sooo...go long the eur/usd...no?

ElectricSavant:
sooo...go long the eur/usd...no?

Exactly or short eur/gpb

I think it's hard, because different economy for each country.

Sixsense:
I think it's hard, because different economy for each country.

yes but the driving factors for each currancy are similar e.g. Interest rates.

Take the AUDUSD the current interest rates in aussie is 3.75 and in the US 0.25 so if you go by the thinking that money will flow to where it's treated best the audusd should be on a upward trend for a while.

it's a work in progress

You could also track the countries CPI Consumer Price Index

For instance this week the UK CPI went up to 2.9% and the NZ down hence on the GBPNZD the pound gained againest the NZ dollar. but the interest rate for these 2 countries are very different GBP 0.5% NZD 2.5%

So what I am trying to figure out is what data drives a currency in the long term looking at the weekly and monthly Time Frames.

I think that of I can identify the core drivers then apply that information and compair it on a pair by pair basis then you could create a trading system for potential long term trend following not weeks or day but months years of consistant gain.

What else do I need to consider?

Cheers

Beno

I'm no expert but I think the CPI is just an internal thing that relates to the price of things within an economy. I don't know if it's really that important to the relative values of different currencies.

come on, you need at least one or two indicators to help trade.

Investing in forex?

How much do you need to invest in forex?

Reason: