Promo codes for products from the Marketplace - page 2

Sergey Chalyshev:

What makes you think this site owes you?

Once again:

Promo codes are aimed at a specific group of customers. Usually you have to do something to get them. That is, the potential buyer receives a discount not just for nothing, but for certain actions. As a result, the discount received gains value for him or her. And when the price is discounted for everyone, people are often not interested, because what is given for free is never appreciated.

Vladimir Zubov:

Just lowering the price is not an option. People don't want to look under $50, just like I would never buy a phone for $30 in principle, but if a salesperson tells me that this $300 model is on display for you at a discount and will cost $200, 98% that I will buy. That's the point of promo codes.

I'm probably wrong. When I see it at a discount, it means the product is illiquid, stale, worthless.

Show by your own example, or someone else's example, the usefulness of your product.

I like your product for $125? Can you lower the price to $30 for me for a while?

Sergey Chalyshev:

I must be wrong. When I see a discount, it means the product is illiquid, stale, worthless.

Show me by your own example, or someone else's example, the usefulness of your product.

I like your product for $125? Can you lower the price to $30 for me for a while?

That's the thing, I can't put a price of $30 for you. If I do, it's $30 for everyone, and that's not really right.

Vladimir Zubov:

That's the thing, I can't put a price of $30 just for you. If I do, it'll be $30 for everyone and that's not quite right.

+++

what I'd like to see

• Promo codes
  • the ability to do a discount on all products (for example in %)

ah, and preferably the referral programme should be brought back

If anyone knows how to get Renat on this thread, please do.

@Renat Fatkhullin

Renat, please reply.

Vladimir Zubov:

If anyone knows how to invite Renat to this thread, please do.

Renate doesn't need to be invited to any of the threads, he comes to all of them, quite often)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Renat doesn't need to be called in any thread, he comes to all of them himself, and quite often)

Ok ))))

Unfortunately, promo codes do not solve the theoretically voiced problems, but are a method of circumventing the rules on the part of the sellers in our case. Plus it's a method of triggering a killer "I won't buy anything without a discount" model.

Along with the launch of the referral programme, we will be introducing new pricing settings for sellers where they will be able to specify a discount percentage on repeat purchases. This will be a more fair and controlled sales incentive mechanism.

Reason: