Chart Clones - page 3

Walander:
Cockeyed,

Being very new to coding (not enough to be unintelligent), I am awestruck in the amount of time you put into this indicator and letting it be released free.

Cheers to a very good man.

Totally agree with him,

Thanks a lot, Keit.

You're great!

Thank you Keit...

Finally...

Hi Keit,

Thanks for this interesting code. I picked up a tip I've been needing from your DownLoadDataUpDate routine. While there, though, I noticed you used "Sleep( 5000)", but in *indicators*, that function is ignored. It only works in Experts.

You are trying to use the delay to give MT4 time to update the history file. However, you might want to consider checking the last_error variable after using the "ArrayCopySeries" function. The Help page says that if the history data is incomplete, the last_error will contain the error "ERR_HISTORY_WILL_UPDATED (4066 - requested history data under updating)". Maybe it's an alternative method to checking the status of the data. It doesn't really solve the delay problem but you are already looping anyway. Looks like it will either update the data or the indicator will time out and start again with the next tick... and hopefullly by then, MT4 will have updated the history data.

By the way... the functionality of this indicator is somewhat similar to "Recent Candles.ex4" by hanover over at FF. Search for it and check it out if you're interested.

I am having problem to put few indicators in cloned price window coz those indis are automatically attached in the main price window, i.e moving average etc.

How to move those indis to cloned price window.

Thank you in advance.

Terry

Keit,

Thanks for the work on this indicator. It looks really interesting!

I put it on the chart, it only show same timeframe with main chart, how to display 4hour, day on the same chart?

2 currencies on same chart

Is there a indicator for putting 2 currencies on same chart .. thanks for your help.

in these screen shots you will see meny different charts each is a seperate copy of this indicator set up differently you can put as many copies on each window as you want they will know and control their own objects as each time you attach this indicator it creates an ID number which it uses to delete its chart objects, the only limit here is you can only have 999 charts applied at one time, hope you dont try it MT will have a shit fit. the first screen shot has 4 copies attached. 2 are host and two are ophens. if you remove the host as in the middle window the ophen will then assum the host but it will have to be refreshed because the host is the one that has the scale buffer in use the ophens are useing the scale of the host, once removed the ophen out put will be a line of xxx's as the chart will have no scale. some of the screen shots shows a bar that is titled mladen secret bar, I found out to day its no secret any more as he has posted. but it can be drawn with this indicator to.

Have to go look at the screen shots all were generated with this indicator.

keit

EDIT; the indicator code in now in post 1

These will be the end of the screen shots. the first one is an example of how the two charts are the same as the blue bars are the a 50 bar clone with the up bars in blue over laid the MT chart, It is possible to color the MT price chart to reflect different events in the data, I just though it was interesting, the last screen shot shows two totally unrelated charts. enjoy

Keit

tic tac

I have found 3 errors in the code and am working on correcting them wont be till after the week end, they have to do with the downloader.

The different scales are in the right margin are do to the different time and pairs used, when I said it dosnt scale I mean the size of the bars do not get bigger at the same rate as the main chart bars that is do to MTs design you can play with the body and wick size as I mentioned in the first post,

as for mlanden candle look at the attached screen shot you need only two inputs the 24 under mlanden candle input it is the number of bars you want to include in the candle itself, that is in this case I want 24 of the one hour candles from the main chart to be included, the box on the chart shows this 24 candles that are being used. the 10 is the shift to the right of the chart that I want to shift the candle too if you put zero here it will paint the candle on top of the zero bar of the chart. You must also shift the cart to the left so the candle is in view, that is done with the MT shift button. If you put any other inputs they will be disregarded. Also drag and drop the indicator onto an indicator.

I am working with the downloader to get the charts to refresh, I have a tick generator and was using it when writing the code, I should of checked it with out the generator. have a nice holiday

Keit

tic_tac:
I found out this indicator do not refresh itself on live chart. If it did this may help fix a little the time scale limitation it already have. The attach mt4 indicator (an MTF moving average) refresh successfully and solve this problem. Maybe you can take a look at the code and implement the same idea upon your code. I already fixed an mtf hull moving average i found on the internet with the same code I just gave you and using this fixed HUll MA.
Reason: