PolyFitScalper - page 77

madopter:
The cfb indicator compiles fine on 625 so I went to back test this version of the EA and, I'm pretty sure I've got everything set up correctly:

1. Schedule1.txt is in Files and specified to be used in the EA

2. EA and indicator are in their correct locations

However, I'm getting zero trades on EURUSD M1 from 2013-04 to 2014-04 with high-quality tick data, spread 0.2, etc.

Is anyone else have issues?

Are you getting in errors in the strategy tester journal?

mrtools:
Madopter, this version is compiling and working.

Thanks mrtools -- I renamed it to SpreadoMeter_v2 for the EA and even though it compiles OK, this version of the EA (v1.57) is not placing any trades either. I'll do a test period of 3 years, instead of 1 year to see if it places an order.

mrtools:
Are you getting in errors in the strategy tester journal?

I'm getting a "File not found" but according to the screenshot, it is there.

Files:

madopter:
Thanks mrtools -- I renamed it to SpreadoMeter_v2 for the EA and even though it compiles OK, this version of the EA (v1.57) is not placing any trades either. I'll do a test period of 3 years, instead of 1 year to see if it places an order.

The spreadometer is not used in the EA, its just a way to monitor the spread manually.

madopter:
I'm getting a "File not found" but according to the screenshot, it is there.

Maybe try it with ScheduleMode = 0, that should turn it off.

mrtools:
Maybe try it with ScheduleMode = 0, that should turn it off.

You're right, it's running now -- impressive EA. Maybe with the "Schedule" fixed, there would be less of those EP hits?

Files:
backtest.png  87 kb

I haven't read the entire thread to determine whether "Schedule" is necessary but from what the little I've read, it seems to be an important part. Is anyone running this EA with the Schedule OFF? It would be great if it could be fixed.

madopter:
I haven't read the entire thread to determine whether "Schedule" is necessary but from what the little I've read, it seems to be an important part. Is anyone running this EA with the Schedule OFF? It would be great if it could be fixed.

Schedule.txt file has to be copied to files folder. Originally it was designed to be used on EURCHF in the time when EURCHF was heavily controlled by Swiss central bank and that can be a probable reason for some problems when testing other symbols *remeber those times when EURCHF was a flat line for months and months?).

Attaching the raw schedule1.txt file - you should save it using a name you will specify in the ScheduleName parameter name (default is "EURCHF_M1.txt" - attaching that file too).

Files:

Hi mladen, mrtool, newdigital. Could you tell me is this EA still alive and doing good from the year 2010 until now and make good profiit with low drawdown. Thank you

ngoanhoang3:
Hi mladen, mrtool, newdigital. Could you tell me is this EA still alive and doing good from the year 2010 until now and make good profiit with low drawdown. Thank you

ngoanhoang3

If you remember, it started at a time when EURCHF was heavily controlled by the Swiss CB. Considering all (that now almost all symbols is heavily controlled by CBs) maybe this is the best time to use it (ranges for EURUSD ow start too look as ranges of EURCHF then). It just probably needs some parameters adjustments and some testing, but it should be a good EA in this low volatility forex market

Reason: