PolyFitScalper - page 71

felipebr:
Okay great.. I will try 1.59 with your sets and the best pairs. Is the .set link updated with your last changes ? Thank you

Yes, I am using this settings - link on the top of this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page47

if necessary - I can re-post my settings later.

Need I put the PolyFitBands indicator also ?

The timeshift for GMT +3 is 2 ?

Thanks

felipebr:
Need I put the PolyFitBands indicator also ?

The timeshift for GMT +3 is 2 ?

Thanks

Timeshift is 0.

PolyFitBands should be in indicators' folder compiled; no need to attach it to the chart.

Do not forget to place EURCHF_M1.txt file in files folder.

I checked now - I am having the settings exactly as on the file new_settings.set on this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

Hi newdigital,

But this post said:

TimeShift = 0 is for Alpari with GMT +1.

TimeShift = 1 is for LiteForex with GMT +2.

so, whyGMT+3 is 0 ?

Thanks.

stanley18:
Hi newdigital,

But this post said:

TimeShift = 0 is for Alpari with GMT +1.

TimeShift = 1 is for LiteForex with GMT +2.

so, whyGMT+3 is 0 ?

Thanks.

As I remember - this TimeShift is working in case of ScheduleMode = 1.

In my settings - ScheduleMode = 0 so this TimeShift should not work

(it is shifting of the time related to EURCHF_M1.txt file).

TimeShift is related to EURCHF_M1.txt file to have same open/close trades for every broker.

I am using ScheduleMode = 0 and TimeShift = 0 so all the trading time is taken from EURCHF_M1.txt file without shifting. And in this case - EA will have different trading results for different broker.

I am using this settings for Alpari and for FXCM. The performance is slightly different but profitable for both.

account for Improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with Alpari broker: new settings

============

- For PolyFitScalper EA all the versions, to download settings and so on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

- improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with new settings is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-1 EA is on this post: added TSD news filter to the improved Polyfit 1.59, can be turned on/off, can adjust minutes before news to stop Ea from trading, and can choose from high, medium, or low impact news to filter, along with currency pairs news we want to filter.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-log EA and PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-sigmoidal EA are on this post.

- what is sigma/risk and which values to use (safe, medium and risky settings): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- the setting/input for settings for Alpari UK, LiteForex and MB Trading (and any other broker): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- 1.58 and 1.59 versions with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page4

- 1.60a version of the EA is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.61_noHedge EA is on this post: this version using Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth only taking trades in direction of breakout if in agreement with Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth.

- v1.7.3 version with cfb indicator is on this post with this settings.

- old statements for 1.57 version, EURCHF with sigma = 2.8: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, moderate settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, agressive settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.60a EA, moderate settings: this post.

- visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Hi newdigital, this EA looks great by now.. I started my tests today with your presets and its going good as in your tests.

Anyway I think there still some room to improve, I can see in visual reports that sometimes it get high profit but can't lock it.

I'm right ?

Good luck

I do not know ... I do not like to change something which is already profitable.

if you ahve some idea so express it here and someone will code.

I understand.. I'm taking a look in your last statement and I see drawndown of 0.30%.. its 30% or 3% ? And what is your total drawndown till now in USD/JPY and GBP/JPY till now ? Man this profict factor of 5.36 is amazing.. hope it keep going. Thank you

According to visual statement image - it is 120 dollars for 2 pairs all together.

But I think - it may be more as I am making this visual statement using H4 chart but EA is trading on M1 timeframe so ... if trades were open and closed for the short time - this visual statement chart did not catch some drawdown.

Yes, drawdown is small one.

But I am not recommending to use this EA with very small deposit size.

because ... well ... min lot size is 0.01. max lot size for Alpari broker (USDJPY and GBPJPY) was 0.62 since April this year.

But if we look at the trading since June 2010 (it is account with FXCM for same pairs) - max lot size was 7. So, if max lot size = 7 (may be - once in a 2 years) - drawdown may be big one.

Some more explanation about why small drawdown:

one trade was opened todat at 05:13 (sell) for GBPJPY at 122.99 and closed at 05:41 at 122.98 with the profit = 0.16 dollars. So, drawdown was small for tghis 28 minutes (41 - 13).

More safe to trade with Alpari (or use the time same as for Alpari broker in text file) - Alpari is on GMT +3, FXCM is on GMT + 0. It means: if some bar opened at 16:41 for FXCM so this same bar is at 19:41 for Alpari.

So, as EA is using text file to trade - it may be better to change the time on this file to be same as for Alpari broker.

Example of this file:

Mon;01:30:00;01:45:00;

Mon;05:00:00;06:00:00;

Mon;06:30:00;06:55:00;

Mon;19:15:00;20:15:00;

Mon;21:30:00;22:50:00;

Tue;00:45:00;01:15:00;

Tue;01:30:00;01:45:00;

and so on ...

So, EA will start to trade at 5 am and finish at 6 am on Monday (according to this text file).

It is good for Alpari (GMT +3). In case of FXCM - it is 2 am and 3 am.

Reason: