PolyFitScalper - page 57

Odysseus

The problem with iCustom() call to "cfb norm-log" is not a memory leak but the way it has to be called. The first parameter of "cfb norm-log" is a "pseudo" parameter (used for internal calculations) Even though it is a pseudo parameter, it must be specified in the iCustom() call (add one "" in front of the rest of parameters)

Also, do not worry about the multiple instances : it is calculating different sub-depths of composite fractal that way (it "pretends" to be more than one indicator in order to do all the calculation) The cfb new is made differently (it skips the "pretending" part ) and has one parameter (that first parameter) less, and that is why the problem happened : they differ in parameters

Attaching the corrected EA that does not cause a crash of metatrader. The only thing changed is what I explained : one more parameter is added in iCustom() call to cfb norm-log" indicator

regards

Mladen

odysseus11:
Mr Tools,

not sure where the problem is but I made a mod of YOUR mod of v1.59 with newsfilter and cfb-log as you posted a couple posts ago (added a filter to only take trades with CFB value > filter setting)...

And the journal showed that the EA kept loading the new cfb-log indicator (looked like it was reloading it every tick)...and eventually the mt4 ran out of memory and crashed - and happened on 3 different platforms on 2 PCs...so I know its a problem either with the EA or with your modified cfb-log indicator.

Can you check my EA out and see if you get the same behavior? Im not much of a coder, maybe we can ask Mladen to help fix it?

Thanks in advance

Odysseus

Think the indicator just putting out a lot of data, i put #property stacksize 65535, right under the copyright, not getting the error, but may have to adjust it,to suit but this seems to be working.

odysseus11:
Mr. Tools,

ah perfect, thanks!

you seem to provide many great mods, I truly appreciate it, and Im sure everyone else here does as well!

If you can do a sigmoidal CFB mod that would be killer - i have observed quite a bit of difference, time will tell if it is better over the long haul...

And while we are speaking of mods, I have been asking Mladen about substituition of the polyfit band variants as potential improvements, namely using PA polyfit bands and/or alb polyfit bands...I have attached v 3.2 of both if u can use them.

Odysseus

Sorry about the delay was an easy mod just completely skipped my mind, did the cfb norm-sigmoidal and the cfb norm-log will work on the bands next.

ps) coded the cfb's using these indicators, they are the same as posted in cfb section just the name a little different!

ps2) please use Ea's from here post # 568 & # 569, in the originals that were posted here had an iCustom error the one's posted below are right!

thanks so much Mladen and to Mr Tools as well - going to test now and see if these improve on the already great performance of the newsfilter/cfbfilter EA....

Odysseus

Thanks Mladen all those problems caused by "".

ps) corrected versions here, sorry for any inconvenience caused

Improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with FXCM broker: new settings

I am trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURCHF, GBPJPY and GBPCHF.

It is EURCHF (in case we are trading this pair only):

GBPCHF:

GBPJPY:

For all the pairs (statement is attached):

============

- For PolyFitScalper EA all the versions, to download settings and so on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

- improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with new settings is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-1 EA is on this post: added TSD news filter to the improved Polyfit 1.59, can be turned on/off, can adjust minutes before news to stop Ea from trading, and can choose from high, medium, or low impact news to filter, along with currency pairs news we want to filter.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-log EA and PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-sigmoidal EA are on this post.

- what is sigma/risk and which values to use (safe, medium and risky settings): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- the setting/input for settings for Alpari UK, LiteForex and MB Trading (and any other broker): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- 1.58 and 1.59 versions with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page4

- 1.60a version of the EA is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.61_noHedge EA is on this post: this version using Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth only taking trades in direction of breakout if in agreement with Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth.

- v1.7.3 version with cfb indicator is on this post with this settings.

- old statements for 1.57 version, EURCHF with sigma = 2.8: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, moderate settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, agressive settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.60a EA, moderate settings: this post.

- visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Mladen,

Thanks so much but could you check this EA just ONE more time for me please?

I have just observed an instance of the EA opening a trade when it is supposed to filter out any entries where cfb-log value is not greater than CFBlev value (which I had set to 0.87)

As you can see in the following pic, the order was placed when the value was NOT greater than 0.87 and I am concerned that my coding where I set the EA to check the CFBlev is not done correctly. Can you check for me please and tell me if that check/filter is implemented correctly in the code? THANKS! It almost looks to me like the EA is still just checking for cfb decreasing, when what I want is for it to check and filter any entries if cfb-log is not greater than CFBlev (which is a user-selectable value I have set at 0.88)...actually, while I am asking, if you could add an external variable parameter to "force_decreasing" (to check and filter for cfb-log value decreasing or flat) with drop-down selection parameters of "ALL/DECREASING/FLAT"-- which would allow all entries with cfb val> cfblev, or require cfb val decreasing also, or just require cfb decreasing OR flat also....

Thanks so much, sorry for the hassle, hope this is clear.

Odysseus

mladen:
Odysseus

The problem with iCustom() call to "cfb norm-log" is not a memory leak but the way it has to be called. The first parameter of "cfb norm-log" is a "pseudo" parameter (used for internal calculations) Even though it is a pseudo parameter, it must be specified in the iCustom() call (add one "" in front of the rest of parameters)

Also, do not worry about the multiple instances : it is calculating different sub-depths of composite fractal that way (it "pretends" to be more than one indicator in order to do all the calculation) The cfb new is made differently (it skips the "pretending" part ) and has one parameter (that first parameter) less, and that is why the problem happened : they differ in parameters

Attaching the corrected EA that does not cause a crash of metatrader. The only thing changed is what I explained : one more parameter is added in iCustom() call to cfb norm-log" indicator

regards

Mladen

OK, fixed the issue.

New version does filter any entry where CFB is not greater than CFBlev (user settable).

One thing more:

Mr tools, since u made the newsfilter mod, have you actually used it?

I ask because I have it running on a few platforms, and on one in particular (IamFX) I had it running 24/5 but with the newsfilter on, and as you can clearly see from the following pics, even though the text onscreen says "avoiding high impact news" it actually placed the orders anyway (and blew the account, thank god it was a demo). Really need to know if the news filter WORKS...!

Odysseus

odysseus11:
OK, fixed the issue.

New version does filter any entry where CFB is not greater than CFBlev (user settable).

One thing more:

Mr tools, since u made the newsfilter mod, have you actually used it?

I ask because I have it running on a few platforms, and on one in particular (IamFX) I had it running 24/5 but with the newsfilter on, and as you can clearly see from the following pics, even though the text onscreen says "avoiding high impact news" it actually placed the orders anyway (and blew the account, thank god it was a demo). Really need to know if the news filter WORKS...!

Odysseus

Have used it and not had a problem, but like i mentioned in my PM there is no way of testing this except by fwd. testing, and this is first have heard of any mention of it not working and i am usually asleep during U.S. period major news . So to answer your question if it works or not looks like you all ready answered it yourself, and as usual will see if i can find what's wrong.

Improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with FXCM broker: new settings

I am trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURCHF, GBPJPY and GBPCHF.

It is EURCHF (in case we are trading this pair only):

GBPCHF:

GBPJPY:

For all the pairs (statement is attached):

============

- For PolyFitScalper EA all the versions, to download settings and so on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

- improved version of PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge EA with new settings is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-1 EA is on this post: added TSD news filter to the improved Polyfit 1.59, can be turned on/off, can adjust minutes before news to stop Ea from trading, and can choose from high, medium, or low impact news to filter, along with currency pairs news we want to filter.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-log EA and PolyFitScalper_v1.59_noHedge_newsfilter-cfb norm-sigmoidal EA are on this post.

- what is sigma/risk and which values to use (safe, medium and risky settings): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- the setting/input for settings for Alpari UK, LiteForex and MB Trading (and any other broker): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- 1.58 and 1.59 versions with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page4

- 1.60a version of the EA is on this post.

- PolyFitScalper_v1.61_noHedge EA is on this post: this version using Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth only taking trades in direction of breakout if in agreement with Daily HiLo Jurik Smooth.

- v1.7.3 version with cfb indicator is on this post with this settings.

- old statements for 1.57 version, EURCHF with sigma = 2.8: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, moderate settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.59 EA, agressive settings: this post.

- old statements for 1.60a EA, moderate settings: this post.

- visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Reason: