Adaptive lookback indicators - page 108

mladen:

Also a version with floating levels. It has the vertical lines included. To get the same results, simply chose the "color changes on slope changes", and then the lines (and alerts - added the alerts too) will happen on the same places as the previous version

How can I reproduce fixed levels?

whisperer:
How can I reproduce fixed levels?
Try using very long floating level periods

Super smoothed average with floating levels, latest set of prices, multi time frames and alerts

mladen:

Super smoothed average with floating levels, latest set of prices, multi time frames and alerts

Thanks

Simple experiment to adapt ema using the r-squared

What Is R-squared?

R-squared is a statistical measure of how close the data are to the fitted regression line. It is also known as the coefficient of determination, or the coefficient of multiple determination for multiple regression.

The definition of R-squared is fairly straight-forward; it is the percentage of the response variable variation that is explained by a linear model. Or:

R-squared = Explained variation / Total variation

R-squared is always between 0 and 100%:

• 0% indicates that the model explains none of the variability of the response data around its mean.
  • 100% indicates that the model explains all the variability of the response data around its mean.

In general, the higher the R-squared, the better the model fits your data. However, there are important conditions for this guideline that I’ll talk about both in this post and my next post.

The "speed" of adapting is arbitrary for now (I felt that it needed to have periods of ema faster than the nominal as well as the periods slower than the nominal - for periods when the "trend" is confirmed by r-squared). Anyway, like this, it responds nicely to periods when the trend is on (less noise)

Floating levels and multiple coloring options included (for the sake of making it more useful right from the start - coloring on slope on adaptive stuff that does not have a mean of smoothing - like the double smoothing - can produce quite a few false signals

Newest version of ema r-squared adaptive (different way of adapting) posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page38

R-squared adaptive stochastic

PS: for clarification sake. This is not a stochastic as it is calculated by metatrader. It is more a kind of a raw stochastic (that way we can use single price for calculation). Also, smoothing used in this indicator has nothing in common with the smoothing ("slowing") used by the metatrader stochastic. Values can be compared (and are comparable) but are very different in a lot of cases

PPS: you can experiment with no smoothing, but then the stochastic changes are far too fast to use for normal trading. Since the smoothing used is fast too (not like the built in averages), to have an effect of smoothing you have to use some larger smoothing periods. See the lower example for non-smoothed stochastic value

And finally : this version already has the floating levels (that can be turned into "fixed" levels by simple setting the floating levels period to 0) and the "zero adjust" option (I kind a like that option : a lot of times it can turn an oscillator into very good "strength of momentum" showing way too

mladen:

R-squared adaptive stochastic

PS: for clarification sake. This is not a stochastic as it is calculated by metatrader. It is more a kind of a raw stochastic (that way we can use single price for calculation). Also, smoothing used in this indicator has nothing in common with the smoothing ("slowing") used by the metatrader stochastic. Values can be compared (and are comparable) but are very different in a lot of cases

PPS: you can experiment with no smoothing, but then the stochastic changes are far too fast to use for normal trading. Since the smoothing used is fast too (not like the built in averages), to have an effect of smoothing you have to use some larger smoothing periods. See the lower example for non-smoothed stochastic value

And finally : this version already has the floating levels (that can be turned into "fixed" levels by simple setting the floating levels period to 0) and the "zero adjust" option (I kind a like that option : a lot of times it can turn an oscillator into very good "strength of momentum" showing way too

Nice indicator mr Mladen..
is it possible to apply "R-squared adaptive" on cci indicator ?

bayuveneo:
Nice indicator mr Mladen..
is it possible to apply "R-squared adaptive" on cci indicator ?
I am not sure (CCI is even "harder story" : it is not once but twice bar bound in calculation). Will try, but no promises

OK mr Mladen..no problem..Thank you for all of your hard work :)
Reason: