Metatrader 5 versions of indicators ... - page 28

Dear mladen,

Thank you so much for your quick response. You have always been helpful and generous in sharing your work. 

May I request MT5 EA coders on this forum to convert the London Breakout EA into MT5 version.

It is quite profitable EA and the strategy has been designed by a mathematician who has turned full-time trader .

The strategy needs a watchful eye and is not set and forget strategy. It needs a traders' involvement in controlling drawdown, varying lots, planning breakevens and target quick profits accumulation trading short timeframes.

EA will work beautifully as long as strong trends don't take place.

Moderate trending and range-trading is essential.

I have achieved up to 70% last month returns in MT4 demo trading (real-trading is not yet done) by combining my more than a decade of discretionary trading experience.

As CME traded currency futures offer low ask/bid spreads, funds security, low slippages for mini and macro futures I want to trade on MT5

platform introduced last month by US broker AMP Futures. MT4 brokers don't offer those kind of terms for micro lots. You need deep pockets to have lower slippages account.

But CME currency futures the slippage is same for all traders . 

How do I trade?

I would establish

(a) my direction bias (which I will use in case the EA goes overboard in posting trades) and

(b) focus on Daily Open Line to decide what to do in case EA fails to take profit

for using discretionary trades .

I  trade only when I feel strong trends won't develop. I would avoid news events, certain days (when I feel strong trends can develop) and months of Nov, Dec, Jan (which normally are used as multi-year adjustment months)

TP: Retracement/reversals/pullbacks act as natural profit points.

SL: I give enough room for the trades to work.

Lot: I would use constant lots for 10 lots and then vary lot sizes.

I trade between 2-4 currency pairs . 

I do trading  during Asian Hours 6-4 hours prior to London open as not many news events take place during this time. No trades are carried forward beyond Asian Cycle by me. A UK based trader may chose London cycle or US cycle to trade after doing demo trading for at least 3 months.

The EA generates quick profits in a short time of 30-60 minutes but surely, you have to keen an eye on it. 60% of the time EA generates profits based on natural retracement as marked by quantum indicator. 40% of the time you have to use your discretion to increase or reduce lots to accumulate equity quickly.

The key is selection of eintdepth of quantum for entry and close (normall same for both) which plots High -Low Channel (like Donchain Channel) for trading of EA. By trial and error on demotrading you have to determine this figure depending on currency pair and timeframe. I have used only

EurCHF and EurGBP so far quite profitably. I have not tried other pairs. 

Advantages of using EA

This Quantum EA takes away the emotional (psychological) element by shooting trades on 1m/5m timeframe and using varying lots (selected by trader) . It may look like it is shooting trades blindly and that's the advantage a trader will have of acting fast.

Advantages of using discretion

If the retracements/reversals don't take place you will have to step in and control drawdown, bring equity to breakeven or small loss and cut the losses.

I would be happy to share my hands-on experience with coders.

Thank you. 

mladen:

What probably should have been made a long time ago

This is the averages indicator (that includes all the 38 types of averages that are currently available in averages) with floating levels addition. As usual, floating levels come with a choice of coloring on outer or middle level cross or on slope (and alerts accordingly). If the floating levels period is set to <=1, then it behaves like the previous versions (without floating levels)

Fractal adaptive ama (the "generalized" version) is included too

Dear Mladen

It's great that you are converting MT4 indicators over to MT5.  Would you be able to add the StepMA indicators (StepMA averages, StepMA PDF, StepMA of RSI Adaptive EMA) to your list soon please?  Thanks in advance.

pipmagnet:
Hello all - is it possible to have arrows on candle chart when macd histogram crosses zero level - that's the most important - but alerts on ma's crossing as an option would be nice also. As always - thanks in advance.

Added arrows, the alerts also will correspond with the zero cross, which btw is the same as when the ma's cross.

Dear mladen,

MT5 is really gaining ground and opening doors for traders to exchange-traded instruments and helping  traders with limited cash resources get rid of fx bucket shops and brokers who make money from high spread slippages.

You are doing yeoman service by providing MT5 indicators. 

Please convert at your convenience the following indicators into MT5 which are very useful aids for quantum trading. 

1. Your coded indicator high-low trend mtf 2.3 showing pips is an excellent helper in making discretionary decision.

2. Show Average Entry Price, modified by Igor, is an excellent helper in averaging positions to reduce breakeven in case of adverse positions.

I am attaching the MT4 indicator for conversion. 

3. Your coded Schaff trend cycle is another helper for making discretionary decision.

4. Kindly code Daily Open Lines (Current)  and for past 5 days in MT5 . 

Thank you again 

mladen:

Guys, to clarify

For indicators conversion : no problem (as long as they are not decompiled)

For EAs conversion - due to the extent and the time consumption of the process, I am sure that there are quite a few capable coders here : https://www.mql5.com/en/job that will be more than willing to do the required job

Dear mladen,

Thank you for providing the link for the EA job.

I have posted there the EA conversion job.

optionhk:

Dear mladen,

MT5 is really gaining ground and opening doors for traders to exchange-traded instruments and helping  traders with limited cash resources get rid of fx bucket shops and brokers who make money from high spread slippages.

You are doing yeoman service by providing MT5 indicators. 

Please convert at your convenience the following indicators into MT5 which are very useful aids for quantum trading. 

1. Your coded indicator high-low trend mtf 2.3 showing pips is an excellent helper in making discretionary decision.

2. Show Average Entry Price, modified by Igor, is an excellent helper in averaging positions to reduce breakeven in case of adverse positions.

I am attaching the MT4 indicator for conversion. 

3. Your coded Schaff trend cycle is another helper for making discretionary decision.

4. Kindly code Daily Open Lines (Current)  and for past 5 days in MT5 . 

Thank you again 

It was already posted, but here it goes again :)

Files:

Dear mladen

Hope you willing make one of adx in MT5

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/789-adx-indicator/page14#comment_1791284

Thank you so much 

Hi people,

I'm using this awesome multi time frame system on mt4 and so far it works great! Now I'm also trying to convert the main indicator to mql5 so it can work with mt5. 

I fixed all objects and their properties, made some small adjustments, and cleaned all errors and warnings. However I have no idea how to fix the 2-dimensional array :(
The part where I have to get the price values of the mtf moving averages..... It just doesn't work in mql5. I read the documentation, and  I understand how to get the price value for single MA (using the new "CopyBuffer" method) but I don't know how to do this for mtf array... .....In some aspects this new MQL5 is so over complicated.....   :(

If anyone with experience in mql5 can help me??

Here are the source codes (mql4 and mql5)

Files:

player9:
Hi people,

I'm using this awesome multi time frame system on mt4 and so far it works great! Now I'm also trying to convert the main indicator to mql5 so it can work with mt5. 

I fixed all objects and their properties, made some small adjustments, and cleaned all errors and warnings. However I have no idea how to fix the 2-dimensional array :(
The part where I have to get the price values of the mtf moving averages..... It just doesn't work in mql5. I read the documentation, and  I understand how to get the price value for single MA (using the new "CopyBuffer" method) but I don't know how to do this for mtf array... .....In some aspects this new MQL5 is so over complicated.....   :(

If anyone with experience in mql5 can help me??

Here are the source codes (mql4 and mql5)

You can not copy an array (not in mt5 or in mt4). You can copy values from another (mtf) instance only for buffers using the iCustom()

mladen:
You can not copy an array (not in mt5 or in mt4). You can copy values from another (mtf) instance only for buffers using the iCustom()
Hmm. Thanks, however I'm not sure I understand.

I mean, I can make it to work (to get the price value) for only one or several independent averages. For example:

double  ma[];
int     mah;

mah=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M1,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

ArraySetAsSeries(ma,true);  
   CopyBuffer(mah,0,0,1,ma);
   double xma=ma[0];
This works fine.....

But how to convert this into mql5?

for(tf=0; tf<NTF; tf++)
   {

bar = iBarShift(NULL, tfp[tf], curTime, false);

for(i=0; i<NMA; i++)  fma[tf][i] = iMA(NULL, tfp[tf], ma_period[i], 0, MA_mode, PRICE_CLOSE, bar/Period());
      for(i=0; i<NMA; i++) tmpArray[i] = fma[tf][i];                              

ArraySort(tmpArray);                                                                                       

lowestMA  = tmpArray[0];
         highestMA = tmpArray[6];

for(i=0; i<NFL; i++)                                                                                     
      {
         fib_up[tf][i]   = lowestMA  + fib[i];
         fib_down[tf][i] = highestMA - fib[i];
      }
   }

I just can't get my head around it.

Reason: