Metatrader 5 versions of indicators ... - page 26

mladen:

Pivot points

Slowly preparing the rest of indicators normally found on metatrader 4

Pivot points for metatrader 5

Since parameters are descriptive now (new feature of metatrader 5) just an explanation what does "Hide connecting lines between periods" do. This indicator is drawn as indicator buffers and not objects. hence when period changes, it will draw a "connecting line" between two periods like on this picture :

When "hiding" is turned on, it will show it like this picture, but the "cost of it is that one point is missing (it needs to make a break in data in order to hide those connecting lines)

Compared to metatrader 5 this one can show literally any period from 1 minute to 1 month (so any time frame recognized by metatrader 5 (the 8 hour is rather useful in my opinion))

Additions - added 4 ways of calculating pivot points :

(Previous High +Previous Low + Previous Close)/3

(Previous High +Previous Low + Previous Close + Previous Close)/4

(Previous High +Previous Low + Previous Close + Open)/4

(Previous High +Previous Low + Open + Open)/4

Added "alternate way" of calculating pivot support and resistance lines - I found that in a lot of versions the R3 and S3 are calculated differently than the original (it effectively makes it "tighter" than the original) so I decided to enable that way too

PS: no yearly pivot in this one

Hi mladen,

Could you please make another indicator for Camarilla Equation?

Here is what i found the formula :

//Camarilla
pivot = (high + low + close ) / 3.0
range = high - low
h5 = (high/low) * close
h4 = close + (high - low) * 1.1 / 2.0
h3 = close + (high - low) * 1.1 / 4.0
h2 = close + (high - low) * 1.1 / 6.0
h1 = close + (high - low) * 1.1 / 12.0
l1 = close - (high - low) * 1.1 / 12.0
l2 = close - (high - low) * 1.1 / 6.0
l3 = close - (high - low) * 1.1 / 4.0
l4 = close - (high - low) * 1.1 / 2.0
h6 = h5 + 1.168 * (h5 - h4)

l5 = close - (h5 - close)

l6 = close - (h6 - close)

Thanks.

mladen:

Here is a version with arrows added

Some issues (when in multi time frame mode) found and solved

Files:

hello all,

Can this be made to work with MT5 ?

Files:

pipmagnet:

hello all,

Can this be made to work with MT5 ?

You can use this version

Files:

Posting this version simply for the sake of comparison

Mainly what has been done is that all the "metatrader 4 ways" were abandoned and I used what metatrader 5 can do. The code is faster and short (and it seems to be more stable). Seems that we all shall have to do some rethinking and regrouping in order to use what metatrader 5 can do in order to do the job properly. I am not telling if that is better or worse, but some of the new metatrader 5 way are not available at all using metatrader 4 and only our imagination is standing in our way to start ding even newer stuff - already the look of the old things is more than changed, with speed enhancements, it should be a good reason to start using metatrader 5 seriously

Files:

mladen:

Mainly what has been done is that all the "metatrader 4 ways" were abandoned and I used what metatrader 5 can do. The code is faster and short (and it seems to be more stable). Seems that we all shall have to do some rethinking and regrouping in order to use what metatrader 5 can do in order to do the job properly. I am not telling if that is better or worse, but some of the new metatrader 5 way are not available at all using metatrader 4 and only our imagination is standing in our way to start ding even newer stuff - already the look of the old things is more than changed, with speed enhancements, it should be a good reason to start using metatrader 5 seriously

Many thanks to you again Mladen. I trade futures ( S+P, mini Dow, ect.) along with currencies and my current futures broker has now offered MT5 as an option for trading. This opens many doors and possibilities since i was forced to use ninja, tradestation, thinkorswim ect.

They are good platforms but have far too many things to adjust and tweak to get the look you want on the charts, and placing certain types of orders can sometimes be a bit clumsy. Guess I have been spoiled by mt4's simplicity. I use an mt4 broker out of country that has some futures in it and I get my signals from there and place trades with state side broker.

If mt5 develops a quirk and bug free platform it could well be the new norm for other futures brokers as well as a new platform to trade traditional stocks on.

Thank you again - just wanted you to know why i have a sudden interest in mt5.

mladen:

Indicator looks great - there are two small issues - first  - when i remove the indicator from the chart the colored boxes remain and the only way to remove them is to go to "objects list" and do that dance - second the option to show high and low is gone. there are times when i want to see an entire time chunk "painted" and am not concerned with the high or low of the chunk.

Thanks again in advance for you attention

pipmagnet:

Indicator looks great - there are two small issues - first  - when i remove the indicator from the chart the colored boxes remain and the only way to remove them is to go to "objects list" and do that dance - second the option to show high and low is gone. there are times when i want to see an entire time chunk "painted" and am not concerned with the high or low of the chunk.

Thanks again in advance for you attention

Here is a version that cleans up the objects

Files:

mladen:

Here is a version that cleans up the objects

Nice, I use this all the time on MT4, thanks for making this for MT5.

Hi mladen,

Could you please look at this indicator Maksigen Channel which program by Nikolay here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/2073 The indicator will display ok on 30min chart but when switch to 5min chart the line display become weird.

Fro example 30min chart :

Then 5min chart :

Really hope you can fix the bug.

And thanks a lot for coding the iParamonWorkTime indicator on MT5, use it many times on MT4.

Reason: