EMA-4-MTF-Strategy - page 2

forex hurricane:
hi ur system can we use it on 1min TF did u ever try it

I haven't give it a shot on 1 min TF. When you see this strategy on 1 min TF it might be possible with a pinch of salt in highly narrow trending channels. But when you would deal the system with 1 min., it would be possibly even looking at 5 min and 15 min time frames at once, monitoring the more global trend.

See attachment results 09-04-2009 with EUR/USD, EUR/JPY & GBP/JPY - but then you have keeping together the open positions for a longer time and trade with less capital.

xx3xxx:
i.e. only computer can trade that fast if you use any manual thinking system, you will loss (much higher probability -- not to mention , broker make more of your money by getting bigger spread or unfavor rate during fast movement)

One man's meat is another man's poison?

Absolutely, you are right!

The 10 sec-Strategy isn't made for all market conditions. You have to get out before news enter the market and brokers are offering bigger spreads. Then it' might be better to turn on 1 min or 5 min TF's.

In normal market conditions Oanda prefere on EUR/USD 1.5 spread.

The 10-sec.Strategy is a behavioral trading strategy.

You haven't make up your mind about the market.

Don't think about market movements, you haven't the time for it. Look solely forward at price movement. (not that much by 1 min TF).

Your task is to be responsive to the price movement for the limited purpose.

EMA-4-MTF-Strategy

EMA-4-MTF-Strategy

Timeframe: 10 sec, 30 sec., 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1h, 3h, 4h, 1 day, 1 week

Currencies: all

Exception to the rule: 10 sec TF - only EUR/USD

Indicators: EMA: 9, 20, 55, 120

Enter/Exit: when bars crosses EMA 9

Hold: when EMA 9 20 (bullish)

Results: Demo Account 100'000.- $ from sept. 08-2009 - Account Number: 224845 (USD)

see attachment

EMA-4-MTF-Strategy

Timeframe: 10 sec, 30 sec., 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1h, 3h, 4h, 1 day, 1 week

Currencies: all

Exception to the rule: 10 sec TF - only EUR/USD

Indicators: EMA: 9, 20, 55, 120

Enter/Exit: when bars crosses EMA 9

Hold: when EMA 9 20 (bullish)

It's look like very simple TS, i'm really like trading on 1M. Could you explain how we see the major trend of these Ma.

sorry about my english

thanks

bukit20:

It's look like very simple TS, i'm really like trading on 1M. Could you explain how we see the major trend of these Ma.

sorry about my english

thanks

Hi bukit20

The best pictures of major trend are: EMA 9 > 20 > 55 > 120 or EMA 9 < 20 < 55 < 120.

But when there (line order) is coming up and you trade 1-min often prices changes. See the picture below, please and be aware USD/JPY at 92.12. All lines there are in the right way, but in 1-min trading price movement often run counter.

Great advantage: When you prefere to trade 1-min TF, you'll get the benefit trading different currencies simultaneously,..., and for global trend you can also betimes change TF to 5 min, 15 min, maybe 30 min which give you a good overview, too.

Applied on the picture below - 1-min-Strategy - I would go out with GBP/JPY at 152.49 EUR/USD at 1.4580 and USD/JPY at 92.19. EUR/JPY doesn't present a trading chance at the same markettime,.., and now waiting where market is going on. (One point moreover: the marketplace here have had several pivot points).

Good Luck and hope this helps!

Files:

Ema-4-mtf

10-sec.-Chart sample.

EMA-4-MTF, EURUSD, 10-sec., 21h14 GMT+1

Sharp increase. Take profits at 1.4554 and wait for next entry points (buy/sell). Take a look at 1 min, 5 min charts by the way.

chris_swiss:
10-sec.-Chart sample.

EMA-4-MTF, EURUSD, 10-sec., 21h14 GMT+1

Sharp increase. Take profits at 1.4554 and wait for next entry points (buy/sell). Take a look at 1 min, 5 min charts by the way.

You can write on your graph the point of entry and exit

thank you

ServerUang:
Hi chris_swiss, Your system is almost similar to my system but my system using a time frame for 1 minute. can I know the function of ema 55 and ema 120 ? is that for looking the bigger trend ?

EMA 55 and 120 gives you the global trend,..., see furher #20 (permalink), please. The 10-sec.chart in #23 (permalink) depicts EMA 55 as resistance line.

You have to use the 10sec.-strategy with MTF.

It's better looking on multiple time frames seeing what's going on at 1 min and 5 min and 15 minute TF's. Here you can work out the global trend.

The main working frame is 10 sec.

Our strategies are quite familiar, that's right.

Kindest regrads

chris_swiss

bedaine:
You can write on your graph the point of entry and exit thank you

Hi bedaine

It is a pleasure for me.

E = IN (Entry)

O = OUT (Exit)

...with some co-occuring entry and exit-points (O/E).

Some tools you might find useful in analyzing when exactly the support and resistance levels occur are the EMA's with the low period rate.

tig3r:
On live accoun it's not possible to make 10s trade.

Hello tig3r

You are wellcome.

See this week and the following ones,..., the results posted here on this threat. It's going well,..., of course.

Reason: