Market Statistics (Volume Histogram, VWAP with SD bands) - page 27

brooky29:
Hi all.

Update to above indicator to reduce computer load. Option of " PastDisplayClearanceBars " limits the amount of bars recalculated to the left of the vertical line instead of all the bars. Option also to add as many instances on a single chart as desired. Just increment the option " InstanceOnChart " for each new copy.

Hi Mladen & Mr Tools,

The above Indi hangs and still seems a little cpu intensive. Does it have to made NMC?

Basically looking for PVP, VWAP and SD bands ( Jperl method)

Im using mt4 625 for stocks etc ( not forex )

Appreciate your help and all the great work you guys do

Thanks

ironiq

There is no change at all that needs to be done to make it new metatrader 4 compatible

As of CPU load : I did test it and did not notice anything out of the ordinary (remeber that new metatrader 4 is more CPU intensive than the old one even when there are is nothing on your chart at all - one more "present" from metaquotes to users)

ironiq:

ironiq

There is no change at all that needs to be done to make it new metatrader 4 compatible

As of CPU load : I did test it and did not notice anything out of the ordinary (remeber that new metatrader 4 is more CPU intensive than the old one even when there are is nothing on your chart at all - one more "present" from metaquotes to users)

Thanks Mladen for the reply.

Not sure why its slowing down for me , so much so I can only add it on one symbol at a time.

Cleared most indis,symbols , logs etc but still

Also bands in Ver7 are different from Ver6 and of course no PVP there although it works smoother

Anyway appreciate your response ( ah metaquotes thy nemesis )

brooky29:
Hi all.

Update to above indicator to reduce computer load. Option of " PastDisplayClearanceBars" limits the amount of bars recalculated to the left of the vertical line instead of all the bars. Option also to add as many instances on a single chart as desired. Just increment the option " InstanceOnChart " for each new copy.

Cheers

Brooky

Brooky, mladen or anyone,

Is possible to please explain what "Past Display Clearance Bar" means? I'm at a loss. Thank you.

Brooky, mladen, mrtools or another programmer,

Is it possible to program the manual drag and drop to lock into place instead of resetting itself every time you flip time frames or reload mt4? It automatically defaults back to the days back settings, instead of staying where the manual drag was initially placed. It would be ideal to have when manual drag is set to true, it overrides the days back feature. This is a great indi, but the feature needs a minor fix asap. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

The indi I'm referring to was the last updated attachment by Brooky, located on the previous page - post #251.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Anybody? Anybody here on this forum anymore? Need help.

More than two years later I come back to have seen brooky29's response.

Thanks a lot for his effort and result.

Hello Akift and everyone interested in this thread,

As Swisstrader did before me I found it would be very useful to be able to change time frame without loosing the way you set your indicator (here Market Statistics V6_Drag from Brooky).

It looks like when you change TF the indicator deinitialize exactly the same way as when you remove it from the chart and it redraws the start Vertical line at its default position. There might be a way around but I don't know it since I'm not a coder.

So in v.6.01 I have added an extern bool parameter: KeepVlineOnChart, true by default, so now you can change TF without loosing your settings.

The only drawback is that when you remove the indicator from the chart, the Start line stays there and you have to either select it and right-click delete or change the bool parameter to false...

Anyway you might have to change TF a great many times vs removing the line manually only once if ever.

I find this thread so very interesting and it's such a pity that it's so quiet now.

If someone is still using these indis I would love to hear about how they use them in their trading and I would be interested in sharing experiences...

Thanks to Akift for his work on the indis and his care to consolidate all the information from JPerl's threads and thanks to Scrat and all the other ones for their inputs

J-L

market_statistics_v6.01_drag.mq4

schmurex:
Hello Akift and everyone interested in this thread,

As Swisstrader did before me I found it would be very useful to be able to change time frame without loosing the way you set your indicator (here Market Statistics V6_Drag from Brooky).

It looks like when you change TF the indicator deinitialize exactly the same way as when you remove it from the chart and it redraws the start Vertical line at its default position. There might be a way around but I don't know it since I'm not a coder.

So in v.6.01 I have added an extern bool parameter: KeepVlineOnChart, true by default, so now you can change TF without loosing your settings.

The only drawback is that when you remove the indicator from the chart, the Start line stays there and you have to either select it and right-click delete or change the bool parameter to false...

Anyway you might have to change TF a great many times vs removing the line manually only once if ever.

I find this thread so very interesting and it's such a pity that it's so quiet now.

If someone is still using these indis I would love to hear about how they use them in their trading and I would be interested in sharing experiences...

Thanks to Akift for his work on the indis and his care to consolidate all the information from JPerl's threads and thanks to Scrat and all the other ones for their inputs

J-L

market_statistics_v6.01_drag.mq4

It is due to the necessity to clean up after itself. If it dd not do so, then it would leave objects ob chart that you would have to clean manually - and that is exactly what a peace of code must not do

Oh, yes it's absolutely true and I mentioned it above. The solution I found was a compromise, but what would be the best solution from a seasoned coder?

In order to be able to keep the start line at the same place when you change TF and only delete it when you remove the indicator from the chart?

I'm very curious to learn it

Thanks

schmurex:
Oh, yes it's absolutely true and I mentioned it above. The solution I found was a compromise, but what would be the best solution from a seasoned coder?

In order to be able to keep the start line at the same place when you change TF and only delete it when you remove the indicator from the chart?

I'm very curious to learn it

Thanks

schmurex

As far as I see, if the KeepVlineOnChart is set to true, it keeps the starting line when the time frame is changed

Reason: