Promising EA

Hi,

I have developed this EA and want to hear what you think!!

The idea of this EA is to go Long while price is above SAR and DeMarker dips below 0.3 and Short while price is below SAR and DeMarker goes above 0.7 - it tested well on GBPUSD using H1.

The initial target is 125 pips - the EA averages when price moves against the open position by 70 pips.

The idea is pretty simple, but the fact that this EA uses averaging makes it very risky.

I backtested this EA since JAN09, the results are extremely tempting

Backtest since Jan08 blew the account

I am forward testing it on a demo account with 50k since 7th of July, today the account is at 88K and holding an open position - hope it will remain profitable, that's why i called it GET LUCKY.

Now, for all those who are interested on improving this strategy to making this EA less "LUCKY", I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, here is the EA attached and the backtest result since JAN09.

Files:
get_lucky.mq4  5 kb
get_lucky.bmp  1211 kb

Mismatched chart errors.

Why im gotta 268858 mismatched charts errors between Jan-July09 backtest in my report??

Could use better data

No modelling quality makes it suspect. This is "pie-in-the-sky," but enticing, to say the least.

Looks like $1 pips, since you're trading flat lots.

Rob

pete36:
Hi, Anyway.

Hi pete..

Firstly, thank you for sharing your EA.

The EA doesn't have SL, it's very risky to trade a real account without SL or another strategy to minimize loss.

In a strong trend the EA will lose all your money.

I'll test the EA anyway..

Thanks

hellkas:
Hi pete..

Firstly, thank you for sharing your EA.

The EA doesn't have SL, it's very risky to trade a real account without SL or another strategy to minimize loss.

In a strong trend the EA will lose all your money.

I'll test the EA anyway..

Thanks

I used to get 90% modelling quality earlier but now looks like my data is corrupt!! if anyone with proper backdata can test it and share the results would be really great.

Well, not using a SL is dangerous, yes, thats what happened during 2008 when prices moved against the position for more than 400 pips - lost the account!!

I have tried to add a SL i.e. when long and prices move below SAR, stop would be the low of that candle and vice versa for short but the results were not good, in fact it did not make money.

Again, this is the purpose of the thread, to imporve on the quality of the entries initiated by this EA so we dont get to lose all of the account. Hoping to get some good ideas so we can all benefit from it.

I will use this EA with a 1k mini account - withdraw when the account doubles or so, and whenever the account dies, i hope i am lucky enough to have offseted the loss or even made profit. Makes sense, just math!

D d !!

take a look at that DD 73%, not good!

your idea

Hi Pete, thanks for this EA, yep you're right, need to be lucky for use it , i will make some backtest and tell you about.

I don't care about DD if initial account is 100 $ (first time i say that)

Cheers

Greg

Edit: Pete, backtest run well on IBFX but not on Alpari 5 digits, I made an more zero on TP and level but no results

backtest

this result for 2008, not extraordinary but don't blow up

Files:

Dont care about DD! At 73% and the fact that your largest DD is still to come? OK

gregart:
Hi Pete, thanks for this EA, yep you're right, need to be lucky for use it , i will make some backtest and tell you about.

I don't care about DD if initial account is 100 $ (first time i say that)

Cheers

Greg

Edit: Pete, backtest run well on IBFX but not on Alpari 5 digits, I made an more zero on TP and level but no results

gregart:
this result for 2008, not extraordinary but don't blow up

HI Greg,

thanks for taking the time to test and post the results. i think this expert can still improve.

i am now trying to play with the settings a bit, adding new indicators to filter the entries better, etc etc

unfortunately, i dont have any friends with trading knowledge to share with!! thats why i am posting here.

if you have any ideas to suggest, am all ears!!

cheers!

cool

Hi Pete, no problem we are here for share ideas, suggestions. I made some backtests today and all backtests for 2009 are good, I find an secure settings too with less DD, but not with the incredible profit you made.

Can you see why i can't backtest on Alpari, cause 5 digits ?

thnaks,

cheers,

Greg

Reason: