Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1842

searchingFX:
All we have to see now is a mild increase iver this week and then it will be the same old story again

HFTs can not bring liquidity - all they can do is trigger stop losses or pending orders. Hence the periods of ranging. Those are not market movers. Those are market leaches

The pair is trading along the downtrend, and the downtrend probably expect to continue which will be followed by support level at 1.1000.

peeterwoolf:
The pair is trading along the downtrend, and the downtrend probably expect to continue which will be followed by support level at 1.1000.

I agree, we had weekly low around 1.1160, any break below the level probably lead the pair extending down to 1.1130.

We are closing back to bearish long term channel. From that point of view this period of ranging gits the pattern perfectly : the change was to fast. I am expecting more ranging

Files:
eurusd_9.gif  61 kb

Ranging again

I am waiting that it rebounds to 1.1300 levels again

eurofreek:
Ranging again I am waiting that it rebounds to 1.1300 levels again

Ranging : maybe

But Level 1.1300 : not so soon

nbtrading:
Ranging : maybe But Level 1.1300 : not so soon

I know that it slim chance, but in a case of an truthful NFP (chances for a truthful NFP are slim though ) it can jump back like a goat

eurofreek:
I know that it slim chance, but in a case of an truthful NFP (chances for a truthful NFP are slim though ) it can jump back like a goat

There will be ECB press conference too : we can count on Draghi talking the euro down, and that can result in a usual whipsaw

I think EUR/USD has formed a double bottom and the doji candlestick in the daily filter chart is only reenforcing this opinion, but nothing is certain before the ECB rate decision and the US Non-Farm Payrolls.

victoriajensen:
I think EUR/USD has formed a double bottom and the doji candlestick in the daily filter chart is only reenforcing this opinion, but nothing is certain before the ECB rate decision and the US Non-Farm Payrolls.

Not even then. We might see the usual whipsaw and then the algos are going to push EURUSD in some direction. If we believe to market makers (J.P.Morgan, BNP, Barclays, ..) the direction will be down after the whipsaw

Reason: