Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1732

Now let see how will 1.275 perform as a support - again

Files:
eurusd_11.gif  69 kb

peeterwoolf:
I guess we need little patient to wait for this pair start descending again. But I'm quite convinced it will.

All this is a result of a new way FED is doing things : rumors and HFT (in their Chicago branch) There was a huge "fat finger" yesterday for which "nobody knows who it was". That usually means an intervention by the FED. Chicago branch was busy yesterday

Well the first test of 1.2750 level is already here

Let see what happens : was it a real correction start or just another whipsaw caused by overexcited algos?

1.2750 holding. We are going to see one whipsaw today too. Expecting a rebound to 1.28 and higher

nbtrading:
1.2750 holding. We are going to see one whipsaw today too. Expecting a rebound to 1.28 and higher

Algos pushing the Euro back up - it is so obvious now. But they don't care any more

eurofreek:
Algos pushing the Euro back up - it is so obvious now. But they don't care any more

Jobless claims lowest in 14 years - Dollar falls :):)

Fundamentals are not worth anything any more. Only HFTs

searchingFX:
Jobless claims lowest in 14 years - Dollar falls :) Fundamentals are not worth anything any more. Only HFTs

The Chicago HFT Isn't it symbolical that the FED Chicago branch is used to HFT the forex market (Al Capone would be proud of them )

Guys

Good comment from Alpari :

The problem we’re facing right now is the opposite of what we had a year ago. Absolutely everything is being seen as a reason to sell, whether it be low inflation, poor data, ebola or poor growth in the eurozone. In fact, not long ago, low inflation and low growth in the eurozone was boosting the markets because it increased the likelihood of more monetary stimulus. As for the poor growth aspect, the US and UK is actually growing at quite an impressive rate while the eurozone has been hit and miss for years. I’m not buying into these excuses, I think it is just an overdue sell-off and pretty soon, we’re going to see investors look at valuations as a bit of a bargain. Earnings season could play a big part in the market bottoming out because if companies are performing well and giving positive outlooks, it’s going to make people question why they’re still selling. Not a lot has been said when it comes to earnings season so far as people are too busy trying to work out why the markets are collapsing around them. I remain convinced that will pass and earnings should provide the lift the markets need.

From here : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/14142-alpari-uk/page101#comment_802321

nbtrading:

Surprise, surprise ...

This whole thing is a playground that excludes retail traders now

The EUR/USD correction continues and it looks like it really might reach 1.2900 after it bounced back from the support level at 1.2700.

Reason: