Keep it simple - page 4

fairose:
newbie needs help

hey..

to me this is the best forum have been made...there's to many ind and other system can be found here.. sometimes i can get headache reading almost half of all the system.. lol ..

so i choose only this 2 ind when i`m trading.. keep it simple..

1. Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed - by senior zeman

2. TOPTREND - (sorry i dont remember where i got this ind)

simple but this system is looks really good to me

so,hope members and senior can give advice/suggestion about this 2 indicator and the other systems can be put it togather..thanks

sorry broken english..still learning lol

the toptrend looks like price channel stop

xard777:
Thanks, exactly what I am searching for...

All the best

Xard777

PS I was looking for a description of the text codes used RB, VT, VB etc...turns out it was in the code when the alerts go off.

thanks for the link bro..

Some thoughts

Hi,

I like the idea of using those two indicators. From what I know, Top Trend changes color when there is a burst of momentum. In the pic enclosed, I used the Bollinger bands (green lines) standard specs (20,2) in Top Trend so they are compatible. You can see that when price touches one of the bands, it is what is often called a Bollinger Breakout wich is a strategy used in many trading systems (Top Trend changes color then until price reaches the other band).

One of those systems is the Bollinger Squeeze strategy wich uses BB, Keltner channel (grey dotted lines) (20, 1.5) and Momentum (12). When BB bands are inside the Keltner bands, the market is ranging so we wait for a trend to take off in the direction given by Momentum. The Bollinger Squeeze indicator was built for that (Momentum shown by histogram)

So for this thread, I would suggest to include the Keltner and the BB bands in order to identify ranging situations (see X's in the pic). Since Heiken Ashi Smoothed supports a greater variation in price than the standard version, it should be important to make sure we are not trading whipsaws. There could be other ways to do that like using simply price action (S/R).

Also I didn't look at it, but using two TF would be good IMO. Only take trades when the two TF show same direction. That would certainly help to eliminate whipsaws also.

My trading experience is limited, but these are the first thouhts I had for the thread.

Regards.

Chamane

chamane:
Hi,

I like the idea of using those two indicators. From what I know, Top Trend changes color when there is a burst of momentum. In the pic enclosed, I used the Bollinger bands (green lines) standard specs (20,2) in Top Trend so they are compatible. You can see that when price touches one of the bands, it is what is often called a Bollinger Breakout wich is a strategy used in many trading systems (Top Trend changes color then until price reaches the other band).

One of those systems is the Bollinger Squeeze strategy wich uses BB, Keltner channel (grey dotted lines) (20, 1.5) and Momentum (12). When BB bands are inside the Keltner bands, the market is ranging so we wait for a trend to take off in the direction given by Momentum. The Bollinger Squeeze indicator was built for that (Momentum shown by histogram)

So for this thread, I would suggest to include the Keltner and the BB bands in order to identify ranging situations (see X's in the pic). Since Heiken Ashi Smoothed supports a greater variation in price than the standard version, it should be important to make sure we are not trading whipsaws. There could be other ways to do that like using simply price action (S/R).

Also I didn't look at it, but using two TF would be good IMO. Only take trades when the two TF show same direction. That would certainly help to eliminate whipsaws also.

My trading experience is limited, but these are the first thouhts I had for the thread.

Regards.

Chamane

nice combination ind here..

i assume this ind just for a panel info..

can you attached Bollinger Squeeze strategy ind?

so i can test the strategy

fairose:
nice combination ind here..

i assume this ind just for a panel info..

can you attached Bollinger Squeeze strategy ind?

so i can test the strategy

Here is the Bollinger Squeeze indy. Settings should be right (Bollinger 20,2 and Keltner 20,1.5). I also included the Keltner indicator I use. Just change ATR to 20 and K to 1.5 in the settings.

Chamane

chamane:
Here is the Bollinger Squeeze indy. Settings should be right (Bollinger 20,2 and Keltner 20,1.5). I also included the Keltner indicator I use. Just change ATR to 20 and K to 1.5 in the settings. Chamane

thanks man

check it out my simple ind here..still simple but good enough..

just follow the rules by senior zeman

so far so good.. my pips always in profit maybe i will use in live acc after this

1.toptrend

2.bollinger squeeze v4

3.heiken_ashi_smoothed

4.heiken_ashi_smoothed_alert

5.FiboPiv_v2

any comments will be pleasure

Files:
xxx.gif  26 kb

fairose:
check it out my simple ind here..still simple but good enough..

just follow the rules by senior zeman

so far so good.. my pips always in profit maybe i will use in live acc after this

1.toptrend

2.bollinger squeeze v4

3.heiken_ashi_smoothed

4.heiken_ashi_smoothed_alert

5.FiboPiv_v2

any comments will be pleasure

Could you give us those rules (SL, TP, TF, pairs, etc.)?

Thanks and regards.

Chamane

chamane:
Could you give us those rules (SL, TP, TF, pairs, etc.)?

Thanks and regards.

Chamane

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175290/page52

Thank you! Appreciated.

Chamane

Reason: