15m Magical MA - page 8

hi mphpopular,

i took the same trade on EU.

Did you wait till price reached your SL at 1.3925 or did you close the position when price fall under the Line from moving average at 1.3945.

reagards

haugerle

haugerle:
hi mphpopular,

i took the same trade on EU.

Did you wait till price reached your SL at 1.3925 or did you close the position when price fall under the Line from moving average at 1.3945.

reagards

haugerle

I wait for my SL to get triggered.

Files:

EU m15

Entered at 'EP' with stoploss at 'SL'.

TP 1 and TP 2 as shown.

Hit 'TP1', then adjust SL to 'adjusted SL'.

Closed remaining position at 'Remaining Closed' without hitting 'TP2'.

Files:

GU m15

EP SL TP1 TP2 as shown.

Hit TP1, and remaining position closed at 'Remaining Closed' without hitting TP2

Files:

Hi, mphpopular, in the GU setup, before buy order hits TP1, the position wins over 50pips (some pips quite close to TP1) and then goes back to negative. Do you close them to protect your winnings and then re-enter? Or you just wait until the position hits either SL or TPs? Thanks.

For myself, I didn't closed it or adjust my SL before it hit my TP1 or reentry it.

Actually, this should depends on how much risk you could accept. Let me put an live example regarding the GU trade juz now.

Kelvin (conservative, dont like to risk) :

When the trade goes to +ve and before hit the TP1, he would already adjusted his SL to breakeven and ended the trade with breakeven. However, he might choose to reentry or not to do so.

Elvin (medium)

Taken profit when he see the market not going to hit the TP1. Then reentry again.

Me (i like risk)

Wait to hit TP1 without adjusting any SL or reentry.

Someone (very super hyper like risk)

Didn't close any position when market go near TP1, and add more position during the reentry area.

So, conclusion is you should try to configure this to match with your personality as you would trade with risk free.

Above example is live example who using this method except for "Someone".

MPH

Hello mphpopular,

thanks a lot for your clear explanations. It helps me really a lot. Also the attached pictures explain more than thousand words, how you say.

regards

haugerle

HI mphpopular

Peace be upon you

Thank you a creative person ..

Files:
eurusd15.rar  104 kb
eurusd15.gif  29 kb
Reason: