MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 2

ND Wrote:

"I just re-read about what Lenar wrote ... seems you are right ...

No hedge, no martingale and only 1 order per pair in Metatrader?

They can not do it.

Impossible. "

> cut

I really hope so, my friend

"I have an idea: 2 MT5 terminals using 1 account ... by the way of copy trades ... in this way we can use hedge.

"

If I got it right, it will make no difference if you use the same acoount. You should use one account for each pair and each strategy

If I understand it right so it will be the orders and it will be the positions.

We can have many orders per pair (in hedge way, in martingale way) but all the orders = 1 position per pair.

And if it is MT5 limitation so ...

we will find the way.

But need more information about this programming language.

Beta testing may be good ...

All elite section EAs should be re-programmed

They will do it slowly.

Otherwise no one will understand anything.

They delivered information in the way of 1 post here ...

Because ... how to re-program all indicators and EAs within 1 month ...

Slowly please

Hi Lenar,

A quick question about Metatrader4. I am trading a demo account and set a sell stop at a particular price and a s/l (.7765)and t/p (.7706).....

The trade was taken and the price moved to .7702, MT4 will not take my profits when the target is hit,and then bounced and stopped me out.

I was taken into the trade with the platform on, then turned it off and went to bed, turned it on again and once connected to Alpari it shows me a loss!

This has happened a couple of times now and I am sure as hell wont be trading this platform with real money if there is not a solution for this.

Any I ideas, or settings that need tweaking or is it a combo of a demo account and Alpari?

Thanks

Paul

michal:
Hi Lenar,

can you tell how the new MT5 will be distributed among brokers? Are all of them going to replace MT4 with MT5?

Do you have some beta version for in field testing? I would be very much interested in one

Regards,

Michal

Of course, no. If broker wants, he will move to MT5. If he has another plans, he will not move on it.

Beta-testing will be conducted in the summer 2009.

Hey Lenar,

what about may concern about hedging?

Have I got it right?

No hedging possible any more?

Thanks

Rob

MQL4 and MQL5

To those who interesting in compatibility: unfortunately, the languages are not compatible. And you should rewrite your EAs. But you should also understand that we doing it not to make you redo the EA developments every time when we launching a new platform.

From the beginning of MT5 development we thought the we will be able to save the compatibility. And we said about it many times. But the numerous traders/developers requests made us change our mind. We`ve understood that just cant make a new language compatible. At the same time we`ve made MQL5 more powerful and in this way we gave you, traders and developers, more abilities - that was our main goal in developing of MQL5 IDE.

From one side new language with the new abilities and from the other side - MQL4 and MQL5 compatibility. Unfortunately, these two aims cant be reached at the same time.

igorad:
MT is a toy for programmers not for traders like other well-known platforms ( TS, MS and so on) because we should be retrained from old language (mql2->mql4->mql5) on new one too often.

Good comment, comrade Igorad.:)) If use your logic, "TS, MS and so on" are just a toys for analysis and nothing more:))) Yes, they are platforms, but not trading platforms. Thats why they cant be compared with MetaTrader - there is no direct trading in these "platforms".

newdigital:
If I understand it right so it will be the orders and it will be the positions.

We can have many orders per pair (in hedge way, in martingale way) but all the orders = 1 position per pair.

Absolutely, right: unlimited orders and only one resulting position.

2 aurigafx: No, now there is no hedging.

2 barbs: please speak with your broker.

hi

I think broker now have 2 option using MT4 or MT5, don't worry if you have indicators or EA u can still using it

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Code protection.

Are there any new means against decompilation in the MT5?

Reason: