Learn MQL5 programming or not.

Hi All,

I know mql4 programming and I am confused that I will learn mql5 programming or not.

As most of the broker support only MT4 platform, so is it possible to run mql5 written program in mt4 or can i login mt4 account into mt5 terminal ?

no and no

Thanks for the reply.

Then is there any positive reason that we learn mql5.

Doesn't that depend on what you want to achieve ?

hiteshfrnds Hitesh:

Thanks for the reply.

Then is there any positive reason that we learn mql5.

There are benefits to mt5.  Mt5 has a lot more timeframes.  Mt5 can be tested on multiple pairs and timeframes simultaneously.  It can also utilize the mql5 testing cloud allowing you to optimize much quicker.  Broker support is limited at best but sometimes just to make something that can be tested so well is good enough and then you can recode it in mt4.

hiteshfrnds Hitesh:

Hi All,

I know mql4 programming and I am confused that I will learn mql5 programming or not.

As most of the broker support only MT4 platform, so is it possible to run mql5 written program in mt4 or can i login mt4 account into mt5 terminal ?

Definetely YES!!!!! an no.

MQL5 works also with MT4 - by 100%. There are just a few functions more in MT5 which mainly concern the account, but the rest is the same and MQL5 defines not those functions, it defines the language itself. It´s a big misunderstanding! This means, you can also use almost all libraries which are included with MQL5, except those for accounts and ordering, but you can cut those libs or modify them in a way that you have full compatibility with MT4 and MT5. MQL5 is NOT MT5, MQL5 is MT4 and MT5, while MQL4 is just MT4. Simpler: When you develop in MQL5 you develop for both platforms and not only for one ... and by the way, you have so much more power & possibilities. 

Doerk 

Reason: