Highly potential martingale system using spieler hedge on EURCHF

Hi,

I have been observing a system developed by Spieler at FF and intrigued in applying the system through martigale or semi-martingale with cost averaging method. This system is divided into 3 levels of range. The original system was using 0.25% step order, but I prefer using the std dev step. I personally also prefer the martingale system to have a 8 level system (level 1*8).

If anyone with a good coding skill can establish an EA for this system, I think it's worth developing and may produce nice profits. The system works on EURCHF.

Let's see how this thread develops.

i was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with this indicator working on the eur/chf?

correct application of this EA

brgolfer:
i was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with this indicator working on the eur/chf?

Version 2.8.1 works better. If you go through the complete thread in mentioned forum, you'll notice that EURCHF is only the reference for divergence. The system trades a counter-trend to EURUSD and USDCHF, both in the same direction, if the divergence of EURCHF reaches certain levels. So attach the EA only to EURUSD (do not forget to set Symbols in the first line in correct order (EURUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF (include the commas))).

Works fine for me.

An 8-fold martingale seems not to be a good idea. The system works without stops and a bad NFP-report or change in interest rate can kill your account within an hour or so.

Remember: FOREX should not be regarded as quick way to riches. I also believed in that at the beginning of my "career". After having flattened 3 accounts, I learned the lesson: preserving your capital is the most important task in trading forex. What have you won, if your positions finally GO your way, but you are out of money? I use a minimum of 3000 units for this system. Have you ever taken compounding of profits into account?

If you start out with $1000 and manage to make 1.55% ($15.5) per day over 260 days, you'll have $100.000 next Xmas. and after 450 days (barely 1 1/2 years), you've got the million USD.If you can start with 10K, the million is already available after 300 days, beginning with 20k you need 255 days by "only" making 1.55% of your bankroll per day.

Martingale is the surfire way into bankruptcy. Not trading under certain conditions is also a position.

All the best and regards from Germany.

heheheh, get rich FAST TRACK scheme -- worse than buying time share on the JUPITER

marked for further research

Reason: