What drives automated trading? - page 2

Boyan Taksirov:

You say that MM is the reason traders lose money with EAs, assuming that otherwise retail EAs work.

Why do you assume that? And why something profitable should be sold for a small money?

For example:

Do you think that trader's  poor MM is a reason that a Martingale EA wipes out a trader's account, or the culprit is in the way this EA operates?

The MM is basic of all strategies, Without leverage, you can trade .01 on 2000 balance ever you checked this?

As I mentioned in stock or Forex you can gain limited per month which works without dreaming, And if a seller has 10k in account they gaining 3% per month and there few bad months so real growth will be 2% but with selling if they can change capital 20K so what they earned in 1 year they can earn same in 6 months. (It's a general thought)

Martingale is not a part of Stock or Forex is part of Gambling started in France in the 17th century. If your trading account under FIFO rule you can use it?

Marco vd Heijden:

So you can now draw the final conclusion.

Already done.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Drawing Styles
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Drawing Styles
  • www.mql5.com
When creating a custom indicator, you can specify one of 18 types of graphical plotting (as displayed in the main chart window or a chart subwindow), whose values are specified in the ENUM_DRAW_TYPE enumeration. Depending on the drawing style, you may need one to four value buffers (marked as INDICATOR_DATA). If a style admits dynamic...

Waseem Raza:

The MM is basic of all strategies, Without leverage, you can trade .01 on 2000 balance ever you checked this?

As I mentioned in stock or Forex you can gain limited per month which works without dreaming, And if a seller has 10k in account they gaining 3% per month and there few bad months so annual growth will be 2% but with selling if they can change capital 20K so what they earned in 1 year they can earn same in 6 months. (It's a general thought)

Martingale is not a part of Stock or Forex is part of Gambling started in France in the 17th century. If your trading account under FIFO rule you can use it?

This topic is about EAs, not about your vision for a MM.

Boyan Taksirov:

This topic is about EAs, not about your vision for a MM.

Check your questions I answered same not vision 

And you thinks EA's don't use MM?

Waseem Raza:

Check your questions I answered same not vision 

And you thinks EA's don't use MM?

EA is not a common notion. EAs can be quite different from each other, so to speak for EAs as a whole is simply irrelevant.

I don't want to enter into a dissention for details and particularities, rather I would like to discuss the topic as a whole, from a higher perspective.

There are some activities, in which humans are still better than computers and robots, like balancing on a rope, surfing, boxing,  composing, trading etc... because these activities involve not only logics and computation, but creativity, adaptation, intuition and reaction to an unpredictable factors.

How can we be sure, that some rigid rules, implemented in most EAs, could work for us anytime?

Well, if there is an A.I. involved in EAs, I wouldn't be so explicit in my opinion. 

But I guess A.I. is beyond the capabilities of the most programmers nowadays.

Reason: