Profitable Breakouts - page 3

lepiricus:
Takii, It is apparent that you have indeed added new pairs but the frequency seems to have increased and having multiple postions open. Is this the expected frequency now? Also, how would you trade the signals conservatively, The RAS is trading standard lots but would you consider conservative being 2 mini lots per 10k balance etc?

The market has presented alot of opportunities lately. And in order to help current subscribers get back to where they should be (that is on top) I have traded a little bit of my strategy that I use at work (using the deal book) hence the increased frequency for now. When things calm down again and I am back up at 80% of the account, I will be alot more conservative on the signals, in order to allow safer profit for signal providers.

Conservative is not in my lot size. Your risk is your choice, I am happy with my current risk profit on that particular account. I would trade 1/2 if it was someone else trading it for me. So basically its 0.5 lots per 10k standard or 0.1 per 2k. The other conservative part of it is that the stop losses are tighter, and usually near stronger points of support/res.

Just to clarify, and I asked this of another subscriber, has all the signals gone through nicely with you guys? Or were some of them missed? I have not done ample testing on the RAS service. However we should all be well in profit right now.

Thanks for your reply Takii, with regards to signal execution it has been decent but when the market gets choppy my broker (IBFX) will requote often when RAS trades are closed prematurely. From today's hectic action I was about -160 pips and I think the RAS account was -120 or so.

Friday I took a loss during the NFP trade from the violent action and spread widening. RAS didn't close my trades and manually did so during afternoon NY session.

But other than very recently execution has been tolerable.

Overall I am net -174 pips since subscribing but I started trading live right before that bad streak

No worries. It must not be too bad at the moment then. I would probably recommend getting out of IBFX, just because of their dirty tricks.

I won't recommend where to go, I only trade where I have friends in the industry, and feel safe when the person looking after my account is a friend of mine (I am friends with someone at dukas and friends with Jafar @ fxfrench [fxopen]) So I will only trade there. Other than that I have access to UBS but their purchasing power isnt so fantastic so I stay away from their provided rates and use them for the order book every now and again, seeing as though 1400 of the worlds biggest commercial traders work for UBS i dont see that as a bad thing.

If you are trading relatively small money, go to a place with fixed spread, save yourself the hassle of worrying about spreads with ibfx. Because they will widen them for stops.

-170 isnt too bad considering the account was up about 600 pips before you started. I will do what I can to get that into the green by the end of the week.

Future is bright anyway, as down turns happen all the time. I am glad you have stuck by its very impressive to your character as a person who is serious about investment.

If you need help with anything else, let me know.

Reason: