Simple 4H Swing Strategy - 923 pips in 2 weeks - page 2

20 sma

I think it would work if you replaced Bol Bands with 20SMA

You are right.

I am not using the upper and lower bands in my system.

Results update this week: +396 pips.

Trades:

6 Trades

GBPUSD +58 pips

GBPJPY +91 pips

EURGBP +92 pips (still in)

USDJPY +123 pips

EURJPY +31 pips (still in)

Update

An EA for this system is available:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179313

nice system ...i will try it.

still wait for ur update the result..

good work

Swing Trading

In my opinion the only trading style worth looking into is swing trading, that is a trade will last from one day to a week or two. I know there are a lot of indicators that are available on this forum and on the internet, but if you do not choose right trading style it is really hard to come out as a winner in forex.

Some might argue that day trading will allow them to risk less and gain more, if swing trading is done right the ratio of risk/reward is much higher. For swing trading 4H chart to look at is most applicable. Day trading is not the right trading style to me, most of the movement occurs when we are asleep.

The point is to know how to trade and not get overwhelmed by the numerous indicators.

How do you trade in your strategy?????And what your tools to trade this???????Please let us know........Like you I also interested in holding my trade for days and weeks...........

thanx.

Thanks for posting this system! I think it's a very profitable strategy. I have the next question: when we trail position what did you mean about low of 4 candles? 4 candles with current or 4 candles with current candle? Thanks

Sorry for my english

Your exits are not what you describe. You say they are 1 pip below the previous candle's low (minus a pip) but if you look on the chart the market often went way below the previous candle's low but you did not exit.

Please clarify as able.

Thank you.

M256:
Hey, I am trading this system for 3 months, gained several hundred pips and about 50% on account.. and I would really like to turn it to an EA.

Its rules are very simple:

It is based mainly on price movement, and the fact that prices like to retrace to trending moving average and bounce from it, creating strong movements.

Last 2 Weeks Results

GBPUSD: +212 pips

EURUSD: +712 pips

Charts

This system works on any charts; I prefer using it on 4H and 1H charts.

Be sure to backtest it before you try it on any other time frame.

Indicators

Only Bollinger(20)

Entry Rules

Entry is made after price bounces from Bollinger's Moving Average, when the Moving Average is trending (pointing up or down).

After price has bounced from MA (Created a bullish candle for long trades or bearish for short), place stop order 1 pip above the candle (for long) or below the candle (for short). Watch examples for clarifications.

Stop Loss is 1 pip below low of the previous bar (for long trades), and 1 pip above high of previous bar + spread (for short trades).

Trailing Stop

This is what this system is all about.

Stop Loss is trailed to 1 pip below lowest low of last 4 bars (for long trades) and to 1 pip above highest high of last 4 bars (for short trades). Exits are done only by the trailing stop.

Money Management

I risk 2% of starting equity on each trade.

That's about it. More examples for trades can be found at my blog, I also post weekly results there.

Many pips to all of us =]

Help on creating EA will be much appreciated.

Thank you M256 for sharing your system.

Do you trade on special hours ? or anytime ?

Do you trade when big news are to come ?

You gave your results of last 2 weeks, but in the long run are you still profitable ?

Thank you

Reason: