4H Bollinger Strategy EA

An EA based on the BollBounce Method.

Gain (2 year backtesting):

117.74%

Entry

Trade occurs when price bounces off the moving average of Bollinger, if the moving average is trendy (not flat). Examples of trades are attached.

Stop Loss

1 pip below the low of the signal candle (for longs)

1 pip above the high of the signal candle (for shorts)

Full description is available here.

Thanks to funyoo from TradingSystemForex who coded this EA.

thank you , i've downloaded that files

You're welcome man..

swing trading

M256:
You're welcome man..

are you still trading with this system? can you please share your live or forward test results?

thanks!

Hi M256, i see you screenshot you use 4H TF is your strategy only use for that 4H TF or can applied with another TF ?

I think your strategy work for Trending not for sideways right ?

Thanks

Thanks man.

thanks for sharing man.

I will have a look at it soon.

This might sound crazy, but is anyone still using this? I have had this EA for about 8 years and have done backtesting, but haven't really put it to use. I've gotten some good results backtesting in MT4, some mixed results..depending on the pair. I've attached some of the files I'm using and a gif of results. Wont let me upload htm unfortunately. I know the broker your using can make a difference in the results. I have tested on FXCM, FXChoice and OANDA. I decided to go with OANDA, even though the results were not the best, because they're based in North America and are better regulated.

J S #:
This might sound crazy, but is anyone still using this? I have had this EA for about 8 years and have done backtesting, but haven't really put it to use. I've gotten some good results backtesting in MT4, some mixed results..depending on the pair. I've attached some of the files I'm using and a gif of results. Wont let me upload htm unfortunately. I know the broker your using can make a difference in the results. I have tested on FXCM, FXChoice and OANDA. I decided to go with OANDA, even though the results were not the best, because they're based in North America and are better regulated.

The drawdown from 222k to 100k is too much of a risk to try this strategy out live. If you started the robot from the point of 222k, you would have a few accounts blown just by that drawdown alone. 

Adj007 #:

The drawdown from 222k to 100k is too much of a risk to try this strategy out live. If you started the robot from the point of 222k, you would have a few accounts blown just by that drawdown alone. 

Yes I definitely agree. I should clarify, the reason the preset file is called 'live' is because it's being backtested on a live account. I have made some changes since I posted. Here it is updated. The losses would not be the same though. Trade size is dependent on account balance. 

Adj007 #:

here it is starting from the peak in July 2022.
Files:

Jon #:
here it is starting from the peak in July 2022.

65% drawdown from July 2022 is very poor risk management. The optimal drawdown on any year placed should be no more than 15% with some deviation to that, it is best to build a strategy that performs similar to the benchmark, whether that be S&P or FTSE100. 

Reason: