GLFX Expert Advisor - Auto Optimize EA - page 2

I have worked with this EA extensiveley over the past week. Very very complex. Anyone care to elaborate or collaborate on fine tuning this thing with me?

invalid handle

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX EURUSD,M15: AOP_Optimalization_1On: Ready to run optimalization

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX EURUSD,M15: AutoOptStart : File \optimalization\tester\history\EURUSD15_0.fxt was deleted !

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX EURUSD,M15: AutoOptStart : File InitOptTester.ini is prepared !

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX: invalid handle -1 in FileIsEnding

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX: invalid handle -1 in FileClose

16:42:52 2009.01.14 00:00 GLFX EURUSD,M15: AutoOptStart : File setGLFXforAutoOpt.set is prepared !

Invalid handle - any ideas?

Invalid handle

Oops, forgot to copy start-symbol-period...

It works now.

Best Settings?

Really working hard on getting this one to work. I found a video on the net saying it showed the settings, but it was to fast and hard to see, could not follow it. What settings are you guys using? I'll post my best results when I get it started. Best Settings Por Favor?????

Bump. Anyone using this?

Well I must say, it looks like it is just you and me and either Russian or Ceck dudes. This EA has some kind of self optimizer which I find interesting for several reasons. The problem is figuring it out. I looked at the manual and it almost seems like a page is missing in the self optimizing portion. A good programmer could get this cracked and I think it is a powerful EA. I put it on my M15 and it placed several + trades with no adjusting at all.

From what I could tell, the self optimiser is a hack. You need a 2nd instance of MT4 running, and the EA will control it and do an optimization backtest in it to find a good set file. It will then save that set file and use the settings in it as its own settings.

and??

Great, any idea of getting to happen? How do you go about setting it up? When I went through the tough to understand manual, it seemed like an important page or so was missing.

Automated Optimization

The attached link gives guidelines and a good example on how to prepare MT4 to automatically optimize and save settings for an EA. Hope this helps.

Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles

Reason: