IMax Indicator - page 4

Wiley's MTF...

No, I don't have a MTF version of my own created, and have said several times... I will need some time to get back around to it... the current MTF version posted actually is a sad replication of iMAX... iMAX by it's very is nature is MTF in the manner that has been re-contributed as MTF, so nothing has been gained so far... You can use iMAX the orignal, and it does exactly the same thing as the current posted MTF version.

I am suspecting that folks who would like to see an MTF version of iMAX will like to see it in a "Forex Freedom Bar" type of display, and I believe I can do that when I can get around to it... but I also think someone here could probably do that easily... in probably less than an hour when it would take me a couple days as my first attempt at that particular application... so hang around, and I will see if can do it before July or something... ahhhhhhhhhh I don't know... I will do it when I can, okay???

Modifications to iMAX or any other code for that matter...

To my fellow contributors... I would ask that if you make changes to someones elses code, that you at least re-title it so that any changes you make... you can be responsible for... know what I mean??? Or, the altered version can be identified as altered from the original by others. I am not sure why this would be an unreasonable request from me, if not a policy at this site... it certainly would preemptively avoid any confusion...

I am not saying anyone has messed up code with my name on it yet... but easily it could be when the code is being altered, and the person doing the altering is not putting their name on it and at least, if nothing else... re-titling it... my 2 cents worth...

MTF communications misunderstandings...

I know now there is a terrible misunderstanding regarding what some of us are saying to one another with respect to MTF and how it applies to the iMAX indicator. To keep from making this problem worse, I am going to speak in as plain a form of English as I can, without being too technical, nor will I plaster this posting with long drawn out technical exhibits that will certainly overwhelm most manual traders, and those who have little coding experience. So here goes...

Many indicators use indicators within themselves.... either icustom() type indicators or built in indicators, and all of these have Time Frame references... iMAX is different in that Ehlers' formula is applied directly to the high and low values of the bars on the chart it is located on... so iMAX is just naturally at home on any chart it finds itself on... okay? That is why there is no "Period" or "TimeFrame" for the user to adjust... just drop it on any chart, and it goes right to work just fine. Now I essentially said this in my very first post... I said it was good on all timeframes... and I meant it.

So, when I am later asked for an MTF version of iMAX after I have already said it is good on all timeframes... I am thinking... someone wants a MTF output, or display... so I think this where there is confusion. So, when I start talking like there needs to be something more done on iMAX to make it MTF capable... apparently some people began to think what I originally said wasn't true... and it is. And this is what has happened...

Someone has created an "MTF" version of iMAX now, but they used a design template that is used to automatically progam the "Periods" or "TimeFrames" of indicators that use indicators inside them... which I have said iMAX doesn't have any to adjust... so the current "MTF" version of iMAX simply reprocesses the iMAX calculations, and ends up displaying exactly what iMAX had originally calculated... without having to be reprocessed. Meanwhile, I am thinking... OH, how wonderful someone decided to create the MTF display, but that is not what has been accomplished.

Hopefully, we can all see that we have been talking past each other, and rest assured, there are no periods or time frames to adjust on the original iMAX posted on the first page... it is happy to run on any chart you put it on with no adjustments, other than the second phase which generally would not have to be.

What I am talking about as far as an MTF version, has to do with displaying what iMAX calculates on all timeframes, on the currently open chart... for instance, if you were on the M5 chart, you could see what the trend is on M1,M15,M30,H1 and so on... understand? That is what I have been thinking is meant when people ask me for a MTF version, after I have already told them that the indicator runs without period adjustments on any particular chart. And, this is not hard for someone that has done it before to create... "Forex Freedom Bars" is a good example of how this works and is coded... Now I can grab a copy of that indicator, study it and write up some similar code for iMAX if that is what someone wants... but it will take me longer to do than someone that already has done it. I will, when I have the time...

Meanwhile, iMAX the original does not need the currently posted MTF version, in fact that version is rather inefficient at doing the same thing the original iMAX does. For my part, I am sorry for any misunderstandings... hopefully this clears up the matter.

Bookkeeper final with HP

Hi Wiley,

thanks for your private appreciation.

Have a better idea for my Bookkeeper-Setup.

Use it now again with HP-Indicator and overlayed Moving Average.

Looks good for me and work for me despite repainting!

I take over last time many good inspiration out of this forum and now i would give a little back to the community.

yea, that's good to have alert (usual) and alarm option (many people asking for continuos (longer time alert -alarm)

To fxbx

I like would to appologize to you... I complained, when I did not understand your first post... being visually impaired... and I am... I saw two lines on your photos that did not match your files, and I questioned what you were implying... but after reading your posts again, I understand what I failed to see... what you were saying about a comparison to another signal... so I want to appologize to you... publicly and privately, and I appreciate learning more about how to do an indicator better from you. Thanks...

Longer alert....

I have never tried to make an alert last longer by any means other than replacing the alert with a sound file, and I have pointed out in the code where someone who wants a sound file to play instead of the alert, can put it... and that works real well as an attention getter... depending on the sound file... and I do have a siren file that I use myself for that purpose. Such files are easy to obain on the internet, just google .wav and sound effects, and I get a lot of hits on sources... then you can find what suits whatever your particular needs are. In fact, in my own EA I have a female voice that speaks up at approriate times with messages... and that might give some other coders some ideas... it works really well for me.

I would be happy to have any other specific suggestions about how to lengthen an alert if that is what is useful...

Wiley, everything good - everybody experiments and wrights different versions - how many varoiuse HMA, LSMA, or even MACDs we know - and that's great

i like the way tyou did MOE filter - good staff

good work, congratulations

about mtfs - there are many kinds:

- traditionally (at least on this forum, 4 lack of different term) by mtf feature (of any ind.) people usually mean values of indicator from higher TF displayed on current TF (same ind, same lines just shown on lower TF, - as if you had open several charts with different TFs - mtf just stretches ind. (TF/Period()) from higher TF, putting it on current (one bar on h4 - is 4bars on h1)

- also there are a dashboards, signal bars, informers - showing several ind. values ftro diff. TFs on current (current situation)

- could be many more with combined features

mtfs - good convenient thing - but - there is no history in-between close1to close2 - on any ind mtf or not; with mtf ind. is much more obvious - we can see one big step -value of ind. from tf4 - 4bars-wide on h1 tf; 16-bars-wide on m15 tf;

normally people waiting until bar close (no history, no data wat was going on in-between close/close) but with mtf - to wait 48 bars on m5 until tf H4 close (or ...D1) ... nobody wants to...

Wiley:
I have never tried to make an alert last longer by any means other than replacing the alert with a sound file, and I have pointed out in the code where someone who wants a sound file to play instead of the alert, can put it... and that works real well as an attention getter... depending on the sound file... and I do have a siren file that I use myself for that purpose. Such files are easy to obain on the internet, just google .wav and sound effects, and I get a lot of hits on sources... then you can find what suits whatever your particular needs are. In fact, in my own EA I have a female voice that speaks up at approriate times with messages... and that might give some other coders some ideas... it works really well for me. I would be happy to have any other specific suggestions about how to lengthen an alert if that is what is useful...

is imax follow price action after the fact?? not to be used on much higher tf??

Reason: