100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 41

Nvstrive:
Hi JS,

Im a bit of A NewB from Australia,

quick question, in your comment here its a bit hard to know what morning your talking about.. im looking for optimal times to be aplying these strategies, Historical data is only so good... Experiance would be better, so perhaps you could let us know the Session this "morning" refers to or maybe A GMT time, as everyone can workout there own times of there..

Nvstrive,

10:00 GMT 4:00a.m. EST

JS

Cheers Joe

Thanks for your ideas

Hi JS,

Thank you for sharing your ideas. System nr 2 fits me the most. I'm trying it at the moment. First trades i had a few losses(not enough patience), so i've a lot to learn yet.

Thanks again for your effort.

Peter

Just want to share my observations after monitoring this system for past 3 weeks.

Ball 3 can get repainted for extended periods on the hourlys in a strong trending mkt. The histogram will end up with several peaks.

I have taken several trades where Ball 3 appears and histogram peaks and reverses on 2nd/3rd bar, mkt pauses for 1 bar and than continue its trend, shifting Ball 3 to the next high/low bar.

Thus, put stop at current tip Ball 3 bar (+/- 5 pips) in case it repaints.

Good trading all.

enter

enter tf 15m

Files:
buy_tf_15.jpg  192 kb

exit

exit .....trailing stop 15

Files:
exit.jpg  190 kb

Understanding Supply and Demand Extentions

Thanks for sharing your approach. I have been studying the dynamics of over bought (demand) and over sold (supply) conditions and I find this is where we see the "3" has the potential of repainting. I don't feel the repainting is the problem. The challenge we all face, is predicting when the directional move will be exhausted.

Most indicators are limited in their ability to show us this FULL range and therefore we need to combine simple strategies that trap the direction of price.

In the example below. I outline where the Stochastic indicator only ranges from 0 to 100. Yet we see that price action still moves beyond a 0% or 100% condition.

Still no closer to an answer but just wanted to share my thoughts...

Files:
picture_1.jpg  31 kb

proverbs:
Thanks for sharing your approach. I have been studying the dynamics of over bought (demand) and over sold (supply) conditions and I find this is where we see the "3" has the potential of repainting. I don't feel the repainting is the problem. The challenge we all face, is predicting when the directional move will be exhausted.

Most indicators are limited in their ability to show us this FULL range and therefore we need to combine simple strategies that trap the direction of price.

In the example below. I outline where the Stochastic indicator only ranges from 0 to 100. Yet we see that price action still moves beyond a 0% or 100% condition.

Still no closer to an answer but just wanted to share my thoughts...

proverbs,

Try putting ADX on your pair. I can't see it so not sure which pair you have up. I work with GBP/USD on my fifteen minute trades.

Look at were the ADX comes together and crosses. That is were I found to be the most accurate as to it being exhasted. It is not 100% but have found its pretty close.

If you want one more assurance. This makes more indicators which I'm not a fan of but at any rate.

When number 3 comes up switch to 5m watch as ADX comes together and touches switch to 1m time frame and have a 100,50 SMA & 20 EMA. When price goes (below for short above for long) all three lines you are good to go. Take the trade.

With those combos don't really think you will find more that will give you the true reversal as this. Again not 100% but close.

JS

Response.

I agree and this thread has been helpful so thank you for the open discussion. As I test and study I will share any other insights I run across to help give back.

joesmoe:
proverbs,

Try putting ADX on your pair. I can't see it so not sure which pair you have up. I work with GBP/USD on my fifteen minute trades.

Look at were the ADX comes together and crosses. That is were I found to be the most accurate as to it being exhasted. It is not 100% but have found its pretty close.

If you want one more assurance. This makes more indicators which I'm not a fan of but at any rate.

When number 3 comes up switch to 5m watch as ADX comes together and touches switch to 1m time frame and have a 100,50 SMA & 20 EMA. When price goes (below for short above for long) all three lines you are good to go. Take the trade.

With those combos don't really think you will find more that will give you the true reversal as this. Again not 100% but close.

JS