Stochastic EA - page 22

Pnponboard, thanks for the update, in your testing does it seem the entries match the indicators settings.My testing never checked that, just wondering if you have, one because of metatrader indicators not the best, and two because wpr and stoch basically the same thing, especially the way stoch is being used.

Thanks

New Version combining my earlier post V4_2 with V4_1_1

I combined the code to put back the time zone information and also optimized the code a little.

One of the problems with using expert advisor builder software is that they tend to repeat code that slows the testing.

This is especially true when the buy and sell rules are based on the same set of indicators.

Because of this I simply assigned the values already retrieved to the new variables.

I also got rid of excess function calls, especially for the time zone functions and the TimeCondition function calls.

BTW, there was a bug in one of the RSI calls that used wprPeriod instead of rsiPeriod. The code for MagicNumber was also put back using StringFind instead of == to accurately assign the number correctly for the symbol regardless of prefix or suffix.

Robert

Files:

Need help EA MTF stoch crossing....

Hi mr tool and all senior.....

Could you make an EA based on this indi, no SL or take profit. just when stoch in higer TF cross up EA buy in the next open candle in lower TF. close buy when stoch cross down and open sell in next open candle....

Thanks before, and sorry for my bad english

mrtools:
Pnponboard, thanks for the update, in your testing does it seem the entries match the indicators settings.My testing never checked that, just wondering if you have, one because of metatrader indicators not the best, and two because wpr and stoch basically the same thing, especially the way stoch is being used. Thanks

I killed the WPR and other stoch indic.... I only use one stoch indic...

If someone can provide a EURUSD1.hst proper history file with these dates I'll post some results. of my back testing....

I need the 1 minute history... from 2012 Jan to 2012 dec...... without this history I can't do a 2 year backtest properly.... although with the history missing from the chart The results are still POSITIVE.... but I need more history to confirm

hello

I have a problem with the EA does not run on MT4

Send Strategies (link) and please help.

It's about Stoch EA-mm-V3-fixed.mq4 (12.7 KB, 1862 views)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179114

Files:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

hellow

Do you know why I can not do a test strategy for MT4 .. I do not want to work .. EA adds.Please help

Files:

mateusz1:
Do you know why I can not do a test strategy for MT4 .. I do not want to work .. EA adds.Please help

All was corrected about 6 posts above by Mrpip.

mrtools:
All was corrected about 6 posts above by Mrpip.

It does not work. I do not know why?

There were 0 passes done during optimization

TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD60'

Description of log

mateusz1

It states clearly there :

no history data 'EURUSD60'

You do not have EURUSD data. Go to tools->history center find EURUSD and download data. Also, here is a thread with some more explanations how to do the back tests : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mateusz1:
It does not work. I do not know why?

There were 0 passes done during optimization

TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD60'

Description of log
Reason: