SuperTrend Candles - page 2

1Dave7:
Thank You ever so kindly - May God Bless You! This indicator will do what I want it to do. When I change the setting of the indicator and compile it, all the like indicators change on the graphs - Saves me time in testing.

Just a personal note: I am far beyond stealing other peoples properties and using them for personal gain like other people have done. I have found that life is too short and the present and eternal penalties for sin are far too great to be tempted by stealing. With the abilities to break .ex4 codes out there being advertised it makes the argument for keeping programs .ex4 are very weak anyway. When the time comes for I to meet Jesus, I want to be clean and all my sins washed by His precious blood.

Minister Dave <<<

CJA is right cos every coder that developed something see his indicators, renamed, recoded, sold without authorization, bad/stupidly changed with the name of original author in the list, and dozen more of stupid things.

By just provide the ex4 he takes care that anything around into mq4 is not coming from him.

I'm full defender of open source, but the open source community is fair with authors.

Has anyone had any luck with this SuperTrend indicator as far as TF, Currency and what settings to use?? My ea I created of this indicator started profitable, but now is dieing.

Any suggestions on settings??

Dave

<<<

Dave,

Like every other indicator, there will be the fact that these indicators will be exposed to ranging periods that will chop this indicator up badly. If you actually look at an indicatoe like the Hi-Lo Activator Gann Moving Average, it basically does the exact same thing as SuperTrend but you can actually set different periods to it.

My suggestion is, if you would like to continue running this, have it set for particular sessions, and run a filter that corresponds well with SuperTrend. But don't spend too much time on it.

Kalenzo, any chance of audio alerts for buy/sell signals for your/cja's great indicator?

Yeah, I am looking for an alert as well!

Box breakout with volatile zones

cja:
I have had requests to make SuperTrend into a candle type indicator,

IMPORTANT !!

This Candle indicator uses he iCustomfunction to call on the original indicator which means to use the SuperTrend Candle indicator you must have the original SuperTrend indicator in your MT4 indicator folder or the candles will not signal.

supertrend_1.mq4

supertrend_candles.ex4

SuperTrend indicator & SuperTrend Candles indicator

CJA,

You are a master in manipulating candles. I really like your art.

I am a conservative trader. I only use indicators as information reporters - average range calculators, hi-low candles, time zone indicators and border boxes.

I like live trading with a plan, watching the momentum and volatility.

The old tried and tested technique of box breakout trading will remain evergreen for anyone who is passionate about live trading and is disciplined. It requires watching the charts and tick chart constantly .

I take GBP/USD box breakout trades but only after it hits the high or low of the Asian or London or USA session twice. I enter only on pullback or retracement ( 1-2-3 pattern) on stop orders after the second candle has acquired at least 20 pips. Majority of the trades succeed because of low 30-50 pips target. I decide to take profit based on my actual observation of the momentum, volatility and factoring in the daily range statistics (high-low, open-close) . I use 1-2-3 pattern (for entry/exit) . If the momentum is good then I use trailing stops after locking 50 pips profit.

Is it possible for you to incorporate this old box breakout method using your different indicators like market profile, high-low candle structure, custom candles like the one you made for supertrend. In fact, you have all the indicators and you just have to put together in a new format.

Your candle rectangles can be a white color session box against light colored background (like a cut-out) with small stripe-like vetical zones. The Session candle should show hi/lo prices , median of the hi-lo and the total pips. There should be buffer (offset) for entry point and border lines to show stop loss.

There should be input to show up to 50 session rectangles so that backtesting can be done by anyone manually.

This session box will have six time bars or six thin border boxes - Asia, Europe, USA each having two time zones. Each session will have volatile and non-volatile zones. For for all three volatile zones - one color (watching this volatile zone a lot of traders will learn how big traders move markets) and for the other three zones different colors. Times of these zones should be by way of input. Each trader can decide the timings of the volatile zone (stop hunts, fake movements/gaps/fixing) from his own observation and experience.

You can either show the two candles in unique color or pointers/arrows to confirm entry. There will be no specific entry point. The first candle acquires unique breakout color when it enters high/low of the Asian box. Second candle (sometimes it happens after two hours) will acquire unique breakout color after having gained 20 pips after re-entry .

An alert on pop-up will be helpful.

Will you please make a 1-2-3 (pin bar) indicator like the one I saw in one of the forums? Picture is attached. It will be very useful.

Thanks again for providing useful and well-designed indicators.

Files:

MT4 Selective Compatibility

Has anyone tried CJA's SuperTrend Candle indicator on some brokers' MT4 platforms e.g. FxPro & Metaquotes? It crashes both when loaded but works perfectly on Alpari UK's platform. First, it was on my laptop, then I tried it on again on my desktop with the same results.

Can CJA kindly take a look at the cause? You may please post the fixed version to replace the one in your first post. The Forex-tsd community will appreciate this. Thanks so much for this great SuperTrend modification CJA.

SuperTrend Candles - MT4 Crash Problem

Hi CJA,

I thought I should feed you back regarding the SuperTrend Candle indicator. It's been crashing some selected MT4 platforms e.g. FxPro & Metaquotes but works perfectly with others like Alpari-UK. This was tested on 3 different computers.

Can you please take a look at the code or cause? You may please post the fixed version to replace the one in your first post. The Forex-tsd community and I sincerely appreciate this. Thanks so much for your time and efforts.

MT4 crash

Pied Piper:
Hi CJA,

I thought I should feed you back regarding the SuperTrend Candle indicator. It's been crashing some selected MT4 platforms e.g. FxPro & Metaquotes but works perfectly with others like Alpari-UK. This was tested on 3 different computers.

Can you please take a look at the code or cause? You may please post the fixed version to replace the one in your first post. The Forex-tsd community and I sincerely appreciate this. Thanks so much for your time and efforts.

Hi

I have tried in the FxPro platform and have no issues at all, have you got the Supertrends indicator also loaded into your indicator folder because if it is not there for the candles indicator to refer to it will not work and it will hang up the MT4 platform trying to find something that is not there.

Refer to important information in the posts above

Regards cja

cja:
Hi

I have tried in the FxPro platform and have no issues at all, have you got the Supertrends indicator also loaded into your indicator folder because if it is not there for the candles indicator to refer to it will not work and it will hang up the MT4 platform trying to find something that is not there.

Refer to important information in the posts above

Regards cja

Thanks so much CJA. I discovered that I've been using the Build 216 version of MT4 instead of downloading the 221 version. It's all good now but once again I do appreciate your help.

Warm Regards,

Piper.

Reason: