_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 301

I have download this EA, but how come it does not work on my demo account, although the Damiani_Volt shows Trade?

I am using Interbank IBFX. Somebody helps me plz...

John Edwards:
XAV,

Here is a bit of advice regarding brokers like Alpari and IBFX currently introducing Floating spread at 5 digits. Maybe you have been informed already about the Floating Spread issue which is coming up soon with them or even already operational......

First of all you have to consider that any Demotesting and Backtesting with them will give you false results, because they do not use fixed spread, however instead they present you with Floating Spread or even worse at times they have Variable Spread.

You can check in this way if it's true or not , what I am putting forward here......

When you would do a backtest for instance using rdb's EA's for EURGBP at..... let us say at 08:00 hrs GMT..... they than have a Fixed Spread operational of 3 pips..... BTW on the demo account this will show as 30 pips, because IBFX has currently installed 5 digits instead of 4 and it's gonna stay that way !!!!

However if you now would repeat exactly the same backtest using same EA-setfile...... between 21 hrs and 24 hrs GMT..... you will notice completely different results, because when you start any backtest....... the backtester wil use the Pipspread it reads at the moment of start of test..... so when Variable or Floating Spread is operational the backtester may see jumps of Pipspread between 3 upto 30 on 4 digits platforms, c.q. on 5 digit platforms this will read as 30 upto 300 pips !!!!!!

You can always check with RDB's EA's wich Pipspread the tester is going to use.... because RDB's EA's all the time show clearly topleft on your screen which Pipspread is operational.

As you may understand that f.i. if you do 3 repeated backtests...... say one at 22:00 hrs, one at 22:05 and the last test at 22:10....... all will show different Graphs and Results !!!!

So when using EA's or Scalping Techniques...... You simply 100 % do need a broker that guarantees you a fixed spread all the time. If you don't have that.... You will for certain ultimately loose all the money in your account.

Only when not trading EA's or Scalping Techniques you can stay where you are and preferably trade on TF60 or higher.

After 5 years with both of them I have right at the beginning of the year changed all my accounts to fixed brokers for those reasons and I guarantee you it has been a very wise decision.

My two cents.....

Hope this helps anyone using....... or even thinking of starting with EA's or Scalping methods,

John

Thanks John

So if the numbers the EA is using are in the top left corner, you need to adjust the SL, TP, time, and all the other values to work with the 5 digit spread and the broker's time(ie add a 0 to the TP and SL values)?

Any fixed-spread brokers that you can recommend?

Never mind the 5 digit question just saw another post that says it recognizes it and trades accordingly

hi all

i have a quick question .... when i ran this EA ...it opend the Order window permanently and didn't open orders automatically and i opened them manually....i will very thankful if answer my question

saly:
hi all i have a quick question .... when i ran this EA ...it opend the Order window permanently and didn't open orders automatically and i opened them manually....i will very thankful if answer my question

It trades automatically. Makes orders and closes them without human interactions.

pmidas:
It trades automatically. Makes orders and closes them without human interactions.

yes .it's not the first time that i run an EA ...but i don't know why it only opens the ORDER Window and i should active orders manually.... does it happen for someone else in this thread????

yes .it's not the first time that i run an EA ...but i don't know why it only opens the ORDER Window and i should active orders manually.... does it happen for someone else in this thread????

Right clik in the chart window, away from any indicator line.

Place cursor on Expert Advisors and clik onProperties.

In the tag Common select Allow live tradingand deselect Ask manual confirmation

Peter_1980:
I have download this EA, but how come it does not work on my demo account, although the Damiani_Volt shows Trade? I am using Interbank IBFX. Somebody helps me plz...

Check your spread broo....

My be spread on IBFX floating at night...

The EA only works if spread 4 or lower....

Odiseo:
Right clik in the chart window, away from any indicator line.

Place cursor on Expert Advisors and clik onProperties.

In the tag Common select Allow live tradingand deselect Ask manual confirmation

thanks a lot ... i had forgotten that

Peter_1980:
I have download this EA, but how come it does not work on my demo account, although the Damiani_Volt shows Trade? I am using Interbank IBFX. Somebody helps me plz...

try to described your problem with more detalies...

try to change max spred or broker time.

if you do all like it was written in instruction it must work...

Reason: