Programmable Autotrading on Other Platforms

Are there trading platforms other than Metatrader 4 that are programmable with similar flexibility to MT4 but are offered for trading on ECNs?

I see plenty of discussion on these forums about trying to create a bridge between the MT4 client and an ECN.

What about rewriting custom indicators and Expert Advisors and running them on a different platform that's already offered by an ECN? What is available that might make this possible?

http://www.ninjatrader.com

More flexible then Metatrader in many ways.

4xCoder:
http://www.ninjatrader.com More flexible then Metatrader in many ways.

Thanks. I went to their website. It looks very interesting. I expect to look into it further. Note to anyone interested...

You can simulate trading for free, but you have to lease or purchase the platform to trade live (except for Gain Capital/Forex.com accounts). It's fairly expensive to purchase, so you would want to be confident in your ability to make money before buying it.

I checked with HotSpot FX

I checked with HotSpot FX by email regarding ECN trading using the Metatrader 4 Client. Here's their response...

Hi Jim,

Hotspot FX API for Metatrader is only available to brokers with an MT4 Licence. Hotspot FX is not an MT4 licencee: we cannot provide the platform to clients, but we do have an MT4 broker with whom you may wish to register; if so, please click the following link:

Currency Demo Trading - Forex Broker - Metatrader 4 ECN - No Dealing Desk - ATC Brokers

Best regards,

Hotspot FX Support Team.

I went to the referenced ATC Brokers site. They claim to have an ECN server that permits "Metatrader Pro" and "Metatrade Institutional" to trade the ECN feed without a dealing desk. It's not a bridge.

Yes, that does look interesting. I'll investigate it, too. At first glance, it doesn't look as well supported as Ninja Trader. I didn't find platform prices yet, but will look for them.

Which Platform to use ?

Hey everyone, I'm new to forex and was wondering if someone could guide me to correct direction. I have made an account at traders-trust.com and I'm using a platform called Smart Forex. Supposed to be like MT4 but better. What I'm I looking for in a platform ? Why is everyone using MT4 ?

fxtgenius:
Hey everyone, I'm new to forex and was wondering if someone could guide me to correct direction. I have made an account at traders-trust.com and I'm using a platform called Smart Forex. Supposed to be like MT4 but better. What I'm I looking for in a platform ? Why is everyone using MT4 ?

Hmmm...Sounds like spamvertising to me.....

platform

sorry, i did not mean to spam. all i want to know is shall i use standard platforms like MT4 or others that look the same and have some extra functions ?

are these stable ? can i play safely ?

fxtgenius:
sorry, i did not mean to spam. all i want to know is shall i use standard platforms like MT4 or others that look the same and have some extra functions ? are these stable ? can i play safely ?

Hi fxtgenius,

Sorry if I am jaded, but typically when someones first post mentions a web site or platform they are trying to advertise it. Especially when they compare a platform I have never even heard of to MT (only better..I believe you said). So I cannot take you post or questions seriously.......

P.S. Shut up xx3xxx with your lame analogies.......every damn thread......

=========================

Reason: