Can Martingale/Average Cost Systems work long term? - page 2

Martindale

I am no great mathematician but I haven't seen a mathematical description of Martindale on your site.

Martindale is a gambling technique wherebye you double your wager every time you lose, when you win you go back to your normal wager.

This is a Geometric progression with a multiplier of two, this particular multiplier is required as a win will recover all previous losses.

If the multiplier isn't TWO it isn't Martindale.

If 'a' is your initial wager

If 'r' is the multiplier ( for Martindale =2)

If 'n' is the number of terms ( losses) in the series

Sum = a+a*r + a*r^2+a*r^3+a*r^4+a*r^5 +...........a*r^(n-1)

Sum= a (1-r^n)/(1-r)

eg If a=$10

n=7

Sum = 10(1-2^7)/(1-2)

Sum = $1,270

I think even non martingale will carry high risk as well. I made usd400 in 1 week using a non martingale EA on a usd500 mini account but lost usd800 in one day. After that I used another 2 martingale EA to recover all my losses in 1.5 months and now profiting usd1300.

Martingale is money mgmt, as long as you add risk mgmt to it - it will be a long term winner.

Avoid!

AVOID MARTINGALE AT ALL COSTS!

You cannot use constants in a chaos.

Remember you were warned!

can we revers the positions in this EA (will be holy grail EA)

Hi all

look at the images ,this is martingle EA an is 100% losser, if we can revers the positions in this EA will be holy grail , what you think about the EA and the results?????????

reza1982:
Hi all look at the images ,this is martingle EA an is 100% losser, if we can revers the positions in this EA will be holy grail , what you think about the EA and the results?????????

no one wants to help me????????????????????????????????????????????????

If only it was that simple

"Inverting" a logic of a loosing EA is almost sure going to make it as bad as the original, if not even worse

If by "inverting a martingale" you think of what is often referred to as "anti martingale", anti martingale is not a what a name suggests and will, by no means, work for systems that are "random". Anti martingale can work on systems that tend to have streaks, and by looking at the code of the ea attached, that EA is not suitable at all to be "anti martingale"-ized

PS: some more info about anti martingale here : Gaming Concept, Anti-Martingale System but there is a lot of places where the concept is explained

reza1982:
no one wants to help me????????????????????????????????????????????????

Free EA with martingale?

Most people think martingale won't work. However I have created an EA that uses this type of money management and it works quite well. It starts out with a small trade size and doubles every time it takes a loss and resets when it wins. If 5 losses in a row occur then the ea restarts at the original lit size.

This money management coupled with a system that is highly accurate is what makes the whole thing work.

Check it out!

You really want to trade martingale? You know, eventually a string of losses will come, and if you are doubling - your account is dead. Beware of martingale.

TWTrader:
Most people think martingale won't work. However I have created an EA that uses this type of money management and it works quite well. It starts out with a small trade size and doubles every time it takes a loss and resets when it wins. If 5 losses in a row occur then the ea restarts at the original lit size.

This money management coupled with a system that is highly accurate is what makes the whole thing work.

Check it out!

Oh yea? Post the code here. I'll definitely check it out

Reason: