MT5 Question

Hi !

I will try to exemplify what I am asking.

Lets assume, we open a Buy 0.01 EURUSD at 1.3000 (TRADE 1)

It goes negative by 120 pips (1.288)

Here at this point, we will open a new trade, which is 4 times the lot size of TRADE 1, with a TP of 30 pips, 20 pips to breakeven TRADE 1 and 10 pips for its own TP.

My question is : what will be the lot size and will 0.01 (TRADE 1) will close at 0 when Trade 2 opens ?

Thanks 

Shunmas:

Hi !

I will try to exemplify what I am asking.

Lets assume, we open a Buy 0.01 EURUSD at 1.3000 (TRADE 1)

It goes negative by 120 pips (1.288)

Here at this point, we will open a new trade, which is 4 times the lot size of TRADE 1, with a TP of 30 pips, 20 pips to breakeven TRADE 1 and 10 pips for its own TP.

My question is : what will be the lot size and will 0.01 (TRADE 1) will close at 0 when Trade 2 opens ?

Thanks 

Your question isn't clear. If lot size is 4 times that of TRADE1 then you can't meet your others requirements (30, 20, 10). If you ask "what lot size" then it's not 4 times that of TRADE1, and it's probably not possible to meet all others requirements simultaneously. The second question I don't even understand it (how a trade with 120 pips in loss can close at 0 by opening an other trade ???)

Hi Alain

Thanks for your reply. Yes I figured it out myself. The lot size for 2nd trade is 0.05 [(0.01 x 4) + 0.01], and when the 2nd trade opens, the first 1 closes at zero (according to MT5 Order Management System) because the 2nd trad eis also Buy like first one.

Shunmas:

Hi Alain

Thanks for your reply. Yes I figured it out myself. The lot size for 2nd trade is 0.05 [(0.01 x 4) + 0.01], and when the 2nd trade opens, the first 1 closes at zero (according to MT5 Order Management System) because the 2nd trad eis also Buy like first one.

If your first trade is a buy and the second also, nothing is closed when you open the 2nd. Only a sell can close a buy.

angevoyageur:
If your first trade is a buy and the second also, nothing is closed when you open the 2nd. Only a sell can close a buy.
But Alain, I was using an Averagin-in EA and it was doing this. And in MT5 Signals page history, there were 0.00 profit for the trade (first trade). 

Shunmas:
But Alain, I was using an Averagin-in EA and it was doing this. And in MT5 Signals page history, there were 0.00 profit for the trade (first trade). 
Ok now I understood what you mean. Of course it's 0.00 profit for the first trade as this trade isn't closed. In this case 0.00 is only an indication that you open another trade in the same direction. In MT5 history there is no mention of "0.00", the profit column remains empty.

okay so the trade is not closed but added to the new open. Yes, this was what I was saying, about the Order Management System in MT5, but I thought first trade is closed. Thanks for your help Alain

Shunmas:
okay so the trade is not closed but added to the new open. Yes, this was what I was saying, about the Order Management System in MT5, but I thought first trade is closed. Thanks for your help Alain
You are welcome.
Reason: