Help, MetaEditor is Locked up.

My MetaEditor is locked up, frozen. If I open it it freezes my MT4 platform until I use windows task manager to close it.

I have re loaded mt4 over the old install but nothing changed.

Any ideas, I'd like to avoid total reinstall if possible....

TommyD:
My MetaEditor is locked up, frozen. If I open it it freezes my MT4 platform until I use windows task manager to close it.

I have re loaded mt4 over the old install but nothing changed.

Any ideas, I'd like to avoid total reinstall if possible....

Lucky you, I am an expert at this. Go to the MT4 folder then profiles, then default. Now take a copy of the files into some other folder. Delete them one at a time until MT4 opens, then you can copy the files back minus the offending one.

If you know which indicator caused the lock up, you can edit these files one at a time in notepad and delete the section with the indicator name

In some cases, when I can not fix something inside my computer so I am doing the following: I am re-starting computer. It helps in most of the cases.

Also in task manager you can check: how many MetaEditor.exe files are you running? Or terminal.exe?

Just close additional.

increase:
Lucky you, I am an expert at this. Go to the MT4 folder then profiles, then default. Now take a copy of the files into some other folder. Delete them one at a time until MT4 opens, then you can copy the files back minus the offending one. If you know which indicator caused the lock up, you can edit these files one at a time in notepad and delete the section with the indicator name

well lets talk about this for a second.

It only locks up if I try and use the MetaEditor function.

I am thinking I should probably be deleting out of the profile that was loaded when the freeze occured,,

but then again it will freeze no matter what profile I have loaded....

I'll give your suggestion a shot, Thank you for helping.

just a couple more questions.

Is there a limit on how many profiles you can have?

How about limits on scripts?

just wondering here.

I was working on writing some scripts, well copying & modifying them actually when this happened.

newdigital:
In some cases, when I can not fix something inside my computer so I am doing the following: I am re-starting computer. It helps in most of the cases.

Also in task manager you can check: how many MetaEditor.exe files are you running? Or terminal.exe?

Just close additional.

Thanks, I will check my task man to see if there are extra copies running during a freeze

Have already re-booted / re loaded re re'ed everything. no luck there.

Just to clearify, it is the Meta Language editor that is freezing...

Back in business.

What I finally did was in the MT files I deleted this:

config>metaeditor configuration settings

this did the trick. I rebooted and mt4 replaced that config file with a new one so all is well....

thanks.

now anyone here want to help me get a alert on the Schaff Trend Cycle indicator?? see post in mt4 indicators under W/alerts thread.....:)

Reason: