Basket Trading System (T101 system) - page 23

Oanda trading...

Many people use 'Viper Clicker'; it's free (well, donationware, but free to download and use) and very handy for placing multiple orders simultaneously.

I have used it for basket-trading my Oanda account and it works well. I don't use it as much anymore as I'm now more of a long-term trader.

Best.

ps. I am in no way affiliated with the program.

pps. Thanks T101 for your time and effort across many forums (I'm a long-time lurker/fan here and at FF). Great systems all...

Thanks...

Pipscorer and Bezoris,

Thanks guys, I will look into downloading the software, maybe that will save some of the pips I loose trading manual on Oanda.

Pipscorer, this method as really thought me patience. To make consistent profit, you need patience for the big moves. Thanks for the Basket indicator also, it's really helping my trading decisions, I will appreciate if you can include an email alert in it when it crossed.

How to maximize trade and avoid bigger losses?

Hi all,

Here's the thing:

I use T101v1.14-Orest EA to see pairs movement from specific time.

I trade base on rules, when a pair reach anchor then I'm in.

Then I use 2ProtectAccount EA to protect my profit and equity.

Some times profit, sometimes lose.

The problem is sometimes when floating profit reach $160 and the EA automatically protect account $50, price move back and then I just got $50.

Sometimes when loss, the EA always close when floating loss reach -$560.

Isn't it a bad money management?

One other thing, when I got $50 (all position have closed by EA) then price move back again and sometimes make a huge profit without me in it.

I can not entry position again because there is no signal.

The same pairs still in the anchor position.

Do anyone have a problem like mine?

Please advice from senior.

Thanks a ton before and after,

Benitohau

benitohau:
Hi all,

Benitohau

I am afraid my experience is quite similar to yours and i am still trying to come to grips with this one, no easy way. Few of the things I have observed:

1) Do not try short term trades or scalping. If your entry is not perfect you will have problems X 14.

2) You should trade only when there is a clear trend and only when US is open.

3) Don't look at at less 15min charts for the trend preferably 1Hr.

4) As PipScorer mentioned once you can attach 2ProtectAccount to chart only after certain profit is reached so that smaller targets are avoided. You can use later version for changing the settings.

5) Try to use BuySellBasket(2 or 3version) indicator with 15 x 4 setting on a 15 min chart. You will get better indication of Entry.

6) Best thing is to have deep pocket so that you can trade based only on daily chart.

But once you get a feel for this system it will be really worth the effort.

Looking for Pending Buy/sell order script....

Does anyone have a BUY STOP/SELL STOP basket script?

It would be nice to let price come to a set level and trigger a BUY or SELL.

Looking for a PENDING BUY/SELL Order Script.

Please advise.

Thanks

Joe

There's also a Multi purpose Management EA that takes care of Basket

benitohau:
Hi all,

Here's the thing:

I use T101v1.14-Orest EA to see pairs movement from specific time.

I trade base on rules, when a pair reach anchor then I'm in.

Then I use 2ProtectAccount EA to protect my profit and equity.

Some times profit, sometimes lose.

The problem is sometimes when floating profit reach $160 and the EA automatically protect account $50, price move back and then I just got $50.

Sometimes when loss, the EA always close when floating loss reach -$560.

Isn't it a bad money management?

One other thing, when I got $50 (all position have closed by EA) then price move back again and sometimes make a huge profit without me in it.

I can not entry position again because there is no signal.

The same pairs still in the anchor position.

Please advice from senior.

Thanks a ton before and after,

Benitohau

It all comes down to your risk/reward ratio and your positive strike rate. Only taking profit of $50 with a risk of $560 will kill your account in no time.

lcfxtrader:
It all comes down to your risk/reward ratio and your positive strike rate. Only taking profit of $50 with a risk of $560 will kill your account in no time.

Yes, I know that and it was really a bad bad money management. I agree that.

But what I meant here is how I enter position after I've stopped out without any signal in IA?

Here is what happen:

Price move with signal and generate floating profit around $121.09 then price move back and generate floating profit around $48.74 which triggered the EA to close all positions. But then price move again and make floating profit around $370.15, but this time I dont have position cause had stopped earlier.

How to avoid this scenario?

Anyone can help?

benitohau

my 2 cents

benitohau:
Yes, I know that and it was really a bad bad money management. I agree that.

But what I meant here is how I enter position after I've stopped out without any signal in IA?

Here is what happen:

Price move with signal and generate floating profit around $121.09 then price move back and generate floating profit around $48.74 which triggered the EA to close all positions. But then price move again and make floating profit around $370.15, but this time I dont have position cause had stopped earlier.

How to avoid this scenario?

Anyone can help?

benitohau

depends on your confidence level, or should i say, it depends on ur own preference. when u r comfortable with the profit, only then u turn the profitEA 'on'. inshort:

signal to make order --> u make ur order

u wait for ur profit --> EA is not in yet

Profit comes, going up and down --> up to u

Profit looks ok/ hits your initial target --> u switch the EA 'on' (profit is locked)

then for the rest of the event, u will enjoy ur profit building up more.

or u get ur target.

hope this is correct

Pointers when trading Tandems when trading on IBFX Platform

Hi Julius,

This is my first time posting though I've been following your wonderful system both here and on FF. Did you ever post pointers when trading tandems on the IBFX platform; I only find the posting for the non-IBFX.

Thanks,

Sigal

Reason: