School of Pimpology - page 72

Black magic and hokus pokus

Dear Pimpsters,

The elusive GFT chart, 5m circles for trades, note 10cci's......

Techno (not) Rockie

Files:
crude_4_sep_08.bmp  1678 kb

Browser

Just a quick one here. I was looking for NZDUSD on my IG account to play a trendline breakout this morning on the 5m. The webpage is soooooooo slow that it dropped 12 pips by the time I had the deal ticket up.

My target was a cheeky 20 pips. So, it was too late to take the trade and it went all the way to my target within 45 minutes.

I got onto IG and they acknowledged that this is a problem. They suggested using Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

IE7 was using about 50% of my CPU and Firefox is now using <10%. No more missed breakouts for me!!

It has improved gft website also.

pepe:
Hi,

please, how can I create same Color profile and appearance as FX Pimp have??

Specially CCI Indicator is very nice!

Thank you.

Pepe,

just email thefxpimp@hotmail.com and ask him for his template.

Rockdrive:
Dear Pimpsters,

The elusive GFT chart, 5m circles for trades, note 10cci's......

Techno (not) Rockie

and I know for a fact that Rockdrive spent the afternoon trying to get the keyboard to copy the chart. Look at the short possibility at about 3pm on the same chart while he was busy. 3 perfect examples in the one day!!

Honest Bill:
and I know for a fact that Rockdrive spent the afternoon trying to get the keyboard to copy the chart. Look at the short possibility at about 3pm on the same chart while he was busy. 3 perfect examples in the one day!!

Oh Bill,

What an afternoon - the PC nearly went out the window. And yes the crdue trade was a peach and guess who was playing silly beggars trying to put a chart up on the thread..........As I said to your early, I don't regret missed trades because there will be plenty more opportunities!

Really appreciate all of your techno help.....so simple in the end, but oh so frustrating.

Contrite Rockie

Well done to the Lords of Darkness this afternoon. Bloom and Bill and Rockdrive, you die-hards.

Whilst you lot were messing about with cut n paste charts and I was sadly tied up with some nonsense with pivots, I did manage a sneaky one on the filth.

Got a few pips here and a couple on Jpy.

Just for the fuss-pots who moan all the time to me about the CCI signal.

Check this out. I have added a Stochastic to the bottom of the new template so you can slide whichever one you prefer into view and do away with the other.

You can see it in action on the $jpy chart

I love the CCI. Its rough and raw and takes no prisoners. The Stoch is a bit gay, a bit too silky smooth but on the signal it does eliminate a lot of noise if you're into that thing.

As metioned I have been working with Mr Spitfire this afternoon, trying to get the S/R levels for daily weekly and monthly pivots all onto one indicator.

We managed to finally get it all done and I have added these new features to the new Pimpalicious V1.02 template.

Gold bounced off the weekly s2 at 818 some 200 pips ago so it works, without clogging the chart. For these updates please drop me a line/ thefxpimp@hotmail.com

Have a good afternoon.

Will post some ideas later.

Files:
cheeky_18.gif  27 kb
cheeky2_1.gif  31 kb

Starting Point

FX Pimp:
If the strategy is difficult to follow it's not because you are stupid, it's because trading is difficult. 98% fail.

They fail because they have either bought a holy grail from one of the many sharks or they have failed to learn about risk managememnt or even the most basic techniques.

What I will attempt to do here is one post and one post only each day on how to get to grips with the KNOWING for yourself aspects.

Don't just read these lessons once. Read them 5 times them put them into paractise by backtesting your favourite pairs.

The first of these lessons involves stripping !!!!!!

Oh yes, the naked traders are back. Scorpion and Rockdrive will be pleased !

What I mean here is actually to take everything off your chart. Strip it until it is bare of candles and just has the smalles two m.a's, the one that runs through the middle of the candles and the pink 20.

Notice what happens when one is on one side of the other, then what happens when it crosses.

Once the 5 move down over the 20 does the 20 keep going up or does it tend to turn more often than not and begin to head down.

These are the questions that will make you a successful trader and by starting from scratch with just a couple of m.a's there is not too much clutter, not too much information to decipher.

Once you have studied that then add back the 50sma and repeat the process, asking "why does this do this and why does that do that"

What happens when the 20 is under the 50 and the 5 is under the 20 and all are pointing down? This type of thing.

Next add back the 20 from the 4hr chart and repeat and soon you will begin to recognize patterns.

Then add back the 4hr 50 and repeat and you'll see why at certain times something that you thought might happen actuall DID happen.

Now you're on the road.

If you want to scroll back then replay the chart, why not take off the autoscroll switch, scroll back then hit f12 for a one step forward increment.

I know this sounds basic but if you have very limited knowledge this is the sort of thing you should begin with.

Importantly. Don't rush

In the next lesson we will add something extra to the chart.

Hi Pimp,

Do you ever rest, you are getting to the point of mega pips and good luck to you

Juat a note, and i know you have been busy today, as to keeping up the lessons going

I have noticed my moving averages more now since this post so heres to more to come

Thanks

Paul

Over the Rainbow far far away

do I skip each time I see the wonderful charts glowing at me....

Hey Pimp if the charts get any more colour on them I'm going to need to get my Oakleys back out.......

Apart from that it looks very pretty and my hairdresser Andre really thinks it cool......

L'Oreal Rockie

talcorkids:
Hi Pimp,

Do you ever rest, you are getting to the point of mega pips and good luck to you

Juat a note, and i know you have been busy today, as to keeping up the lessons going

I have noticed my moving averages more now since this post so heres to more to come

Thanks

Paul

Sorry mate.

Konow you were keen on next lesson. It will be tomorrow morning so make sure your wife has some nice bacon in the house. I like 3 slices with melted ches on brown bread.

We'll get cracking at 10am. Is that OK ?

FX Pimp:
Sorry mate.

Konow you were keen on next lesson. It will be tomorrow morning so make sure your wife has some nice bacon in the house. I like 3 slices with melted ches on brown bread.

We'll get cracking at 10am. Is that OK ?

Hi,

Extra thick bacon with the best sliced cheese money can buy on thick brown bread

ANY HP SAUCE ANYONE ???

See you at 10am

by the way joined up on skype

Thanks

Paul

Reason: