Simple Crossover For Newbies - page 7

for EURUSD also...

never thought about implement MACD patterns or a divergence?

(step by step, not all at ones)

Files:
iukjh_3.gif  29 kb

for GBPJPY

it looks easy to use... where is the surprise?

Files:
iukjh_4.gif  29 kb

just starting

Hi bigbear

first time here and first reply, i will be trying this this week also.

ta

Harve

IN10TION:
I used/fine tuned a T3 MA

seems to fit in well with the MACD...

I'm just getting the feel of the system

What are the T3 MA/and or EMA settings? And are you using a T3 on the MACD histogram?

suggestion: 4 posts (analysis and description purposes) it might be better to show macd and rsi in separate windows - just 4 clarity sake; 4 own use - sure, can be overlay 4 convenience (everybody use to own templates but it not that clear with others)

Great system big bear

Love the MA crossing systems... I actually downloaded your templates and am using an indi from "the keys to the mint" system (very similar, just using different MA settings and a stochastic dinapoli). Anyway the indicator just throws a sell or buy arrow when the MA's cross.. you can change the ma settings to match and it'll basically give alerts and email.

The indi if you want it is on pg 175, very last post on the page, over at Forex Factory on the "keys to the mint" thread going there (at least I think thats the indi I'm using, I'll have to double check once I get back to my room).

They've gone a little crazy with that system and it's pretty confusing to follow now... but it started up very much with the same principles. Now they've moved to 15 minute time frames and added a bunch of rules to the system... still profitable though.

Update For 6/16/08

GBP/USD-Went strong from 1.9452 on 6/13. Stopped out @ 1.9620 for +170 or so. No current trade Watch for London& US sessions to set up a new trade.

USD/CAD-Still short from 1.0285 from earlier today. Should have a stop around 1.0250 for +35. US session my change direction. Now in the+65 range @ 1.0220

EUR/CHF-No current trade. Down cross developing.

GBP/JPY- Just stoppedout a few hours ago @ 212.00 with +200 from its 210.00 up cross on 6/13. May bounce for awhile. No trade.

USD/CHF-No Trade. USsession may change that. Still headed down but no cross.

EUR/USD-Still long from1.5383 from earlier today. Stop should be around 1.5458 with +75 secured. Still headed up @ currently @ 1.5533 for +150. Watch London& US sessions.

USD/JPY-Still short from 108.30.Stopshould BE. Watch USsession. Currently @ 107.86 with +44.

AUD/USD-Long from 0.9388 on6/13.Stop should be 0.9388 with +10. Now @ 0.9425 with +37. Very slow going & sloppy. Not sure what to do with this one.

EUR/JPY- No trade. Last trade was stopped out of along with around +115 @ 167.23. look for action duringLondon & Asian session.

GBP/CHF-Stopped out a few hours ago with +175 from its long on 6/13 from 2.0283 to 2.0458. Now in a downcross but not looking to good.

EUR/AUD-A bit all over the place. I would stay out of this one for awhile.

My current open positions= None.

See you next time.

Bear-

The course in my sig shows you how to build a simple EA that uses MA crossover. Maybe useful to somebody.

Just a thought.

Lux

Nice job Bear,

This is similar to the babypips method using a 5/10 EMA and RSI 14

What made you choose 8EMA close and 14EMA open?

Also, here is a ColorRSI to show if you are above or below 50. Red is below, green is above. This way you can quickly check the color to see where you are. Hope it helps.

Files:
colorrsi.ex4  3 kb

Hai bigbear...congrats for ur system for newbie..

You r using 8EMA close and 14EMA open..may i know what is the logic behind close and open ema..pls advise..i really would like to know the diffrence between this 2..:)

Reason: