Results in % not in pips please !

bump for the NET PERCENT revolution

Go %!

I'm on the bandwagon, baby!

hi

I agree with that ...% means overall performance means data statistics for both losses and won ...so everyone can judge the system good or bad

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

jlpi:
And what about the leverage? Remember the challenge of Allecoh and the 200 pips. You could make 1000 pips and be up only 1%, it depends on the leverage that you uses

I agree that it would be nice to know how much % a system makes before you start trade it but you give a reason yourself here why that can be difficult.

Two different traders that trade the same system and have the same number of pips can have different % because of maybe trading different instruments, different MM, different leverage and so on.

So i think to make it easy and to give everybody the option to calculate for their own acc's one can give the number of pips and the risk/reward and draw down (and as much info and details as possible because R/R can be different things of course) because then traders can calculate what % they would make.

And if info about % profit is given then also give info about how it is calculated.

For myself i would like info about R/R (if i know how the rr is calculated) rather than the % profit but if i know how the % profit is calculated that is more or less the same of course.

But i agree very much that only info about how many pips is made do not tell much about the performance of a system and what it can do to your acc.

Maybe you can even say that only info about pips made tell nothing at all about the system..

Arctic4x

Arctic4x:

For myself i would like info about R/R (if i know how the rr is calculated) rather than the % profit but if i know how the % profit is calculated that is more or less the same of course.

That is 100% true.

But here I was just taking about the profit because all the time people just claim "this week x pips done".

Of course the best would be that they say "this week x Net % done with a max DD of y %"

Arctic4x:

Two different traders that trade the same system and have the same number of pips can have different % because of maybe trading different instruments, different MM, different leverage and so on.

A system shall include what instruments are traded, what MM is used, what leverage is used, everything otherwise it is not a system it is a small part of a system. Everything shall be described in the trading plan of the system.

Then if you are not able to give a %, then you don't have a system

jlpi:
That is 100% true.

But here I was just taking about the profit because all the time people just claim "this week x pips done".

Of course the best would be that they say "this week x Net % done with a max DD of y %"

Great pionts. Yes, Pips mean nothing without meaningful leverage and ending %. DD is more important than winning because 50% DD needs 100% profit to cover. Bigger DD means you need a lot of pips to make it up. Adding DD should be listed on provider's website as well.

forexmoments:
I disagree. I believe results should be presented in pips, always. What use is %? I don't care what % of your initial equity you have made. I care how many pips you have made. If you present me with results in %, then for all I know you could have used some terrible MM and got lucky for a few months.

Well, if the provider can tell you their MM, it should have not problem with %. Actually, I like % with sound MM. PIPs without trading size just make no sense for account equity at all.

Reason: