Trend Friend - page 3

chiefraven:
hey guys,

i just want you guys to know the story behind this indicator. I asked nittany1 to create a very similar indicator like this one last week... and this is what happened.... i asked him today if he has had the time to play around with it and he directed me to this page..... i looked at it and it had no credits to me at all, now that i dont mind at all.

What pissed me off was the attitude he gave me... i asked him if he coded the indicator like i had discussed with him for over an hour.... this is what he said to me: "you can't read buy and sell the indicator says?" he wouldn't even let me know if he coded it the way i wanted, now i dont care if he codes it differently or if he doesn't code it, but at least have the courtesy and let me know about it.

Here are the logs from our chat if anyone is curious: let me know what you think, and whether or not Nittany is being an *******

the log starts from me asking him to create the indicator.... to the log today where he acted as if he doesn't even know me. judge for yourself

let this be a warning to you all, to not share ideas with Nittany1.

==========================================

Nittany, i dont care if you take credit, or if this is based on something very simple, or if you can't program it the way i want it excatly, or if you dont code it at all, or change it................i just dont like to be treated like a piece of crap... you had the patience to talked to me for an hour about the indicator i was trying to coming up with.... but once you coded your own thing and squeezed me of my idea, i am not even worth 10 seconds of your time? "you can't understand the word buy and sell?" yes this statement is correct and well put if i was a random guy who just downloaded your indicator and was trrying to use it.

I get emails all the time people wanting me to code stuff. MACDs and EMAs were among the most requested, so here it is. If the MACD isn't calculated the way you want, press F4. The EMA periods are a simple change. You claim to have some sort of original idea, MACD and EMA trading systems aren't original. You claim to have some sort of credit for MACD and EMA trading systems, you do not. You claim to have some sort of basis for a complaint against an unpaid programmer, you do not.

Invicible_kid:
hi nittanny!!

how creative you are! really good! but i have some points for taking into your considerations and little quests for you...

could you :

1. Join all of your 'dashboard' indies into just one "MEGAMERGED INDICATORS' ?

2. Put some color bars that changes at their turnpoint at several sub indies (RSI, STOCH, MA, etc) at your 'dashboard', not just the word : BUY, SELL, FLAT, etc? just 5 or 6 bar each, just like fuel gauge meter at modern cars

3. Make these sub indies customized, can be turned on or turn off

here i put some indies examples, but hey, thank you for your great indies!

That's next I'm going to make either one or two panels that sit on the price action with color bars to signify the trade signals. I'm trying to decide which ones to put in the various groupings. I was also thinking of that but making the panels dockable into a separate indicator panel.

hey guys,

i just want you guys to know the story behind this indicator. I asked nittany1 to create a very similar indicator like this one last week... and this is what happened.... i asked him today if he has had the time to play around with it and he directed me to this page..... i looked at it and it had no credits to me at all, now that i dont mind at all.

What pissed me off was the attitude he gave me... i asked him if he coded the indicator like i had discussed with him for over an hour.... this is what he said to me: "you can't read buy and sell the indicator says?" he wouldn't even let me know if he coded it the way i wanted, now i dont care if he codes it differently or if he doesn't code it, but at least have the courtesy and let me know about it.

Here are the logs from our chat if anyone is curious: let me know what you think, and whether or not Nittany is being an *******

the log starts from me asking him to create the indicator.... to the log today where he acted as if he doesn't even know me. judge for yourself

Nittany, i dont care if you take credit, or if this is based on something very simple, or if you can't program it the way i want it excatly, or if you dont code it at all, or change it................i just dont like to be treated like a piece of crap... you had the patience to talked to me for an hour about the indicator i was trying to coming up with.... but once you coded your own thing and squeezed me of my idea, i am not even worth 10 seconds of your time? "you can't understand the word buy and sell?" yes this statement is correct and well put if i was a random guy who just downloaded your indicator and was trrying to

==============================

who said anything taking credits? i think i already said i dont care about all that for a while now.... the only complaint was you acting as if you dont know me.... yes, it's a simple idea... just like how your Trade Assitant, TRO indicators.... they are CCI, STOCH, RSI aren't they?

now i said i dont care about the indicator or who takes credit... but plz dont treat me like this once you figured out you can't code what i wanted and that you've already squeezed the idea out of me so there's no need to even talk to me anymore.... it's the principle i'm mad about, not the indicator. and i think i said that over and over..... can you read?

Files:
nittany.txt  32 kb

chiefraven:
hey guys,

Nittany, i dont care if you take credit, or if this is based on something very simple, or if you can't program it the way i want it excatly, or if you dont code it at all, or change it................i just dont like to be treated like a piece of crap... you had the patience to talked to me for an hour about the indicator i was trying to coming up with.... but once you coded your own thing and squeezed me of my idea, i am not even worth 10 seconds of your time? "you can't understand the word buy and sell?" yes this statement is correct and well put if i was a random guy who just downloaded your indicator and was trrying to

==============================

who said anything taking credits? i think i already said i dont care about all that for a while now.... the only complaint was you acting as if you dont know me.... yes, it's a simple idea... just like how your Trade Assitant, TRO indicators.... they are CCI, STOCH, RSI aren't they?

now i said i dont care about the indicator or who takes credit... but plz dont treat me like this once you figured out you can't code what i wanted and that you've already squeezed the idea out of me so there's no need to even talk to me anymore.... it's the principle i'm mad about, not the indicator. and i think i said that over and over..... can you read?

1) it doesn't matter how you massage MACD it will still lag on signals 2) you've now typed more lines that it would take to modify TF to work the way you want it

then why did you create this indicator then? why put it up, and why are you saying that people are making money off of it..... it lags doesnt' it?

i just find it funny that you are spending all this energy and time on this forum answering and debating to the bitter-end as if you are trying to salvage your reputation, while you wouldn't even waste your time to tell me if you have created the indicator like we have discussed just 30 minutes ago when i politely ask you if you have had the time to mess around with my idea.

i find it very intriguing indeed. you have now typed way more lines than you did when you coldly treated me when i ask about the indicator i asked you to create.

fxbs: it's not about the indicator anymore.... if you read the text file i have attatched, you will see how startled i was with his cold and condescending reply today. I'd rather him not make the indicator to tell you the truth....

welcome to the club, Nittany!

we also should ask CJA and TRO to put credits to everybody, who asked add or change something in their meters

especially if something stupid - we should know right oway whose idea it was

LOLOLOL

just take it easy - nobody was hurt

if it good indie - it's good 4 everybody - if it's not exacly as you want it - it could be modified (first step done- the hardest part )

and always - it not the tool, it what you do (you doing the job, not tools, better tools just helping do it better)

yes this could have a very happy ending regardless if it was coded to do exactly as i want or not.... but to come up with an idea, explain it to nittany1, then politely ask him how the progress was(as to not put too much pressure on him) since he is helping me code the indicator, and then get the reply:"you can't read? there's a buy and sell on there? what's wrong with you" is certainly not what i had expected..... and all i wanted was to know if this MACD/moving averages indicator I came up with is coded properly.... but of course, no, that didn't happen, since he didn't code it exactly like i wanted, he felt there's no need to explain anything to me on whether the indicator was done like we've discussed..... and funny thing is... he now is saying that MACD/moving averages are common concept and that what i came up with is nothing revolutionary.... yes i completely agree.... but what about his TA and TRO indicator? aren't they simple as well since they are simply CCI, STOCH, RSI? Then he is saying that it's uselss because macd lags..... while at the same time saying that he i s receiving 7-8 emails a day of how people are making money off of it?!?!

look i said it before, i dont care about the trademark of this indicator.... the only thing i asked is for a little respect...if you were in my shoes, i think you would understand as well. i wouldn't be here if i dont think indicators should be shared, so that we can help each other grow and come up with something different.... but to be done this way, is really disheartening.

fxbs:

welcome to the club, Nittany!

we also should ask CJA and TRO to put credits to everybody, who asked add or change something in their meters

especially if something stupid - we should know right oway whose idea it was

LOLOLOL

ROFL

wow, it's going faster than page refreshes - should bump this again:

chiefraven, take it easy - nobody was hurt

if it good indie - it's good 4 everybody - if it's not exacly as you want it - it could be modified (first step done- the hardest part )

and always - it not the tool, it what you do (you doing the job, not tools, better tools just helping do it better) /QUOTE]

Reason: