OzFx's Squeeze-More - page 3

ElectricSavant:
Ok...whew...I loaded all 19 charts up with this...with the default setting in IBFX mini...1K

same as me. Little overcharted

Mm

Azmel,

if I have the MM on false; do I need to set the Risk value?

With other words, is the Risk part of the MM?

Is your EA using the Stoch. crossing the 50 line of Stoch., or

is it using the Stoch crossing the 0 line of AC?

Thanks again

Regards

Optimisation Required

janad:
Hi, I did a backtest from 01.01.2005 to 30.12.2007 with the pairs of eurusd and eurjpy. Modelling every tick and 90% quality the results are not good. However, to validate my results we need to compare them with forward tests. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for providing the back-test results, janad.

I propose that we optimise this EA. I know that OzFx state StopLoss and TakeProfit of 50, but these figures are not official. I have attached the following v1.02 EA in betamode which you can change the SL and TP values.

I need volunteers with good backtest data (90% modelling quality or better) to optimise the EA and find the optimum SL and TP value for all pairs.

I know this is a big job as there are 28 possible pairs, so please let everyone know which pair you are optimising so that it won't be duplicated by others. Once you have found the optimum setting, please report back.

Thank you all.

Azmel.

Is it possible to only rename this new version to "older" and put in the /experts folder? Or any other way to apply it to all charts? Little anoying do it 19 times.

Ea

Hi Azmel...

Thanks for the great EA.... But I didn't know why.... it didn't generate any trades even though I let my PC on overnight. When I woke up in the morning, there was no trades at all generated by the EA.

When I manually checked... there was three pairs that were in line with Ozfx's recommendations. But why the EA didn't pick up those pairs ?

What did I do wrong ? I didn't change anything...it was as per your setting with live trading thicked.

Pls assist me on this.

Thank you

Yeam2003

Azmel,

I did some preliminary backtests yesterday. While I did not get the modeling quality I would have hoped for I did find the following:

TP & SL can definitely be optimized but are not too far off.

The main problem hindering profitability is the Stoch upper and lower targets. They are at 80 and 20 now but altering them can make this a very profitable EA--versus a losing one. Unfortunately, a minor variation in targets can alter the results considerably. So I quit testing with the thought that I was overoptimizing and probably couldn't replicate forward what had occured backward.

However my message is, that even though changing the stoch targets runs counter to the manual method, I couldn't find the EA to be profiable without changing stochs. So for others to help, you may want to offer stoch upper and lower as external (testable) parameters.

saintmo

azmel:
Thank you for providing the back-test results, janad.

I propose that we optimise this EA. I know that OzFx state StopLoss and TakeProfit of 50, but these figures are not official. I have attached the following v1.02 EA in betamode which you can change the SL and TP values.

I need volunteers with good backtest data (90% modelling quality or better) to optimise the EA and find the optimum SL and TP value for all pairs.

I know this is a big job as there are 28 possible pairs, so please let everyone know which pair you are optimising so that it won't be duplicated by others. Once you have found the optimum setting, please report back.

Thank you all.

Azmel.

saintmo:

The main problem hindering profitability is the Stoch upper and lower targets. They are at 80 and 20 now but altering them can make this a very profitable EA--versus a losing one. Unfortunately, a minor variation in targets can alter the results considerably. So I quit testing with the thought that I was overoptimizing and probably couldn't replicate forward what had occured backward.

However my message is, that even though changing the stoch targets runs counter to the manual method, I couldn't find the EA to be profiable without changing stochs. So for others to help, you may want to offer stoch upper and lower as external (testable) parameters.

saintmo

saintmo, please find the EA with variable Stochastic Upper (StU) and Lower (StL) values which can be used for optimisation.

Please let us know what you have found.

Regards,

Azmel.

azmel:

Hi azmel, maybe think you about to use the NN ideas from Reshetov!

Automated Trading System "Combo" - MQL4 Code Base

azjeff:
Hi Azmel,

I think this link from mql can help you program this ea where it will auto optimize the settings. A friend of mine who programs his own ea's wanted to find someway to auto optimize them. He found this link on the mql website and he indicated it has made his ea's become profitable. Here is the link. Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles

Jeff

article located here.

Hi Azmel,

I think this link from mql can help you program this ea where it will auto optimize the settings. A friend of mine who programs his own ea's wanted to find someway to auto optimize them. He found this link on the mql website and he indicated it has made his ea's become profitable. Here is the link. Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles, Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles

Jeff

azmel:
saintmo, please find the EA with variable Stochastic Upper (StU) and Lower (StL) values which can be used for optimisation.

Please let us know what you have found.

Regards,

Azmel.
Reason: