Petit Pip Eater - page 12

The results improve a lot if you limit the EA to only look for trades between 22:00 to 23:59. I think that time avoids the big news announcements when volatility is higher. Probably the losses have been greater in 2008 due to higher overall volatility due to the credit crisis. I think this strategy works best when markets have low volatility.

Win rate percentage goes up from about 90% to about 96% if you limit it to those two hours. This is with a TP=6 and SL=60. But number of trades will be lower, usually only 1 per day. It's probably also a good idea to not trade on Friday to avoid the chance of having a position open over the weekend, where the market can gap up or down, like it did this week! 100 pips!!

Not sure why you have not seen any trades... it should do it whenever the technical indicators are set up as per my last post.

Thanks for the reply

It has finally traded...and it seems that it will be trading less than the back testing, which is fine. I just needed to know if I had things set up correctly. So far in the past two days it's traded twice, both for profit. I'll continue forward testing this to see how it's going to react.

Thanks for the reply and the help.

gmax111:
Why do you say im brave?

If you would have went long gbp/usd in sept-1992 you would have taken your 10pips sometime last year right?

I think your brave.. your talking about taking something live that you cant even understand the logic behind... and possibly next month non the less...

Ill stick around this thread... for some reason a 10:1 risk reward ratio makes sense to me just because i've tested 3 random ea's i have that lose horror-ably but with a 10:1 risk reward ratio they actually stand a chance..

I dont know if you guys have seen the shark ea over at:

Forexeasystems - Automatic Trading Systems - Manual Trading Strategies - Knowledge for Trader

Statement ############

but his risk reward ratio seems to be ~4:1 (SL of 35:TP of 9)

I think a lot of the systems out there just dont have enough breathing room..

I went back to a couple of losing EA (risk to reward was 1:3) and changed the risk to reward ratio to 10:1, now they are performing better.

I'll watch this thread closely.

Forward Testing Results

I have been forward testing the viseu open 001 expert advisor from April 6 to present. You can see the forward testing graph below. Maximum draw down is 2.6% right now. SL=35 TP=10 Risk=2% EUR/USD 30min

Files:
viseu.jpg  18 kb

Anothet author's EA

JoseMariaG:
I've found URL of the author's page from ex4 property. When you open the ex4 on binary editor, you can see it.

author's page

He/She opens some backtest report on the site, and also forwardtesting report. But the articles of the site are too difficult to me because of so many unknown characters...

I'll keep on looking this site and find new ex4 files.

Now I'm very satisfied with BigBoppa's one, thank you veru much!

Recentry, he or she introduced other authors' EAs. I've visited the sites of other authors and found that the authors seem to offer trial version of their EAs.

I think BN328 works very well and very much like petit pips. How do you think of this EA?

another author's page

This EA is just a joke....

I know that EA,Kazpi.

However, I do not recommend it to you.

It is only a strategy to utilize DP -002 effectively.

That EA has no new direction in logics,

and it is just a thing which administered three DP -002s at the same time.

However, the price is over 5 times of DP -002!

I see this thread has been dead for quite some years now.... i wonder if anyone did anymore testing with this EA?

I've backtested it from 2000 to 2013 and it works GREAT until 2008 then it starts having massive losses (all EA's on this thread included), the same happen to me with other EA's i've coded... trying to find out what happen to the market since then.

Reason: